Jaymes VS Wagon

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Jayme

Jaymes VS Wagon

Post by Jayme »

just picked up ny new car today :D heres some pics, yes, both ripped off carsales listing, ill go take my own photos tomorrow when theres more light. not currently registered but nice and cheap.
2 windows dont work, supposibly needs a new wheelbearing and link pin rubbers, airbag on passenger side needs its lid gluing back down, needs a wash and a polish and a few other little things, nothign too major.

first job, get it regoed, second job, swap the EFI 304, tricked up TH700 and LSD center from my VL into it. before anyone bothers telling me how much effort it is, I know exactly how much effort that is and I dont care :D
6989098.jpg
6989098.jpg (80.74 KiB) Viewed 7159 times
6989094.jpg
6989094.jpg (44.91 KiB) Viewed 7159 times
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Re: Jaymes VS Wagon

Post by Dec_head »

Looks fairly tidy ive done the v8 conversion on my vr from a 6 and recently another engine to a 5 speed easy sraight forward drama free but i got everything even the air con lines etc .
electric windows ?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

looks pretty hot mate
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

once you do those things to it , should be a nice car!!

post at 10pm, what time did you get back from getting it ?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

got home at 8pm, pretty uneventful run, land rover towed the car trailer at 100k like it wasnt there :D
dec_head - how did the aircon lines go? im not sure what I need to do to get aircon going... just swap over the v8 aircon lines or get some new ones made or something?
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

I went from v6 to v8 with a vr used the same condensor just had to use the aircon lines from from the v8 from under the wipers to the pump condensor etc
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

effort plus!!! just been tidying things up gettin ready for rego. today, I put all new bushes in the rear end. man those long bushes in the diff are pricks to get out. ended up tearing out the rubber inside with a small peice of threaded rod and pulling the rest out with a giant peice of threaded rod, a bit of pipe and some washers, I was jumping on the bloody spanner every quarter turn winding them out but in the end I WIN :D

now I just have to put on a new tie rod end and hook all the brakes and shit back up to the diff and I should be on the road.

may have to wind back the chip in it, its got a chip from some performance mob and its running more spark advance than I have ever seen in an ecotec :shock: in my mates car, 2 deg less and the knock sensor was going off.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

copies for the lads :mrgreen:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Would be interesting to see what they changed?
If it's not knocking i assumed they must have richened it up a bit.
I've been trying a bit of tinkering on my VT, so would be good to see what they've done.

yoda69
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

richening it up .... they're already too rich from what i've seen!!