Tinkers Rides rb30 to delco

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Tinker

Re: Tinkers Rides rb30 to delco

Post by Tinker »

So a little update, I used emachine CAD program which is free to use as long as you get your project machined by them. Which is fair enough .There price was $250 US. Also got a quote from an Aussie firm for around $200 AU . The problem is I don’t have that sort of cash just to get a proto type done , It still might need some adjustments. The main reason I want a laser cut one is to rule out my error tolerance with the cut out cardboard. I have not given up just thinking ......
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Have you tried Bendigo online laser? I found them reasonable and actually capable of doing small jobs. Tried dozens throughout Melbourne and couldn't even get past getting a quote from any of them.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

Most laser cutting places have a minimum order price around $200, so you could probably ask for 200 of your trigger wheel and pay the same amount.
Now, if you did get 200 of them, you might be able to sell off the remaining 199 for $25 each to like minded individuals...

Alternatively, find someone else that is getting laser cutting done, but then a beer and get your part added to their order.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

charlay86 wrote:Most laser cutting places have a minimum order price around $200,.

yes mate that's what i have found ..
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

So I have had a bit of a set back, Lost all my info and cad drawing etc that i had for my project. Laptop meltdown(windows) could not recover anything.... I have swaped over to the dark side ( Macbook ) tell you something it does what you tell it to do . Going to look for a free cad program that i can redo my drawing and go from there.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

My mate made a trigger wheel in tinkercad.. free for home use online in a browser on any OS. Might be worth a look. Though the did migrate to autocad later.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I've used the data recovery tools on the ultimate boot disk and could recover every drive and flash media that was otherwise unreadable/corrupted. Even after accidentally deleting files or formatting I was able to get most things back. You won't get windows to boot but you should be able to browse and recover lost files.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

So nothing done with my project ;-( . Lack of time and funds has me stuck. I retrieved my cad file with the disc (will post for any one else who wants to give it a crack.) .
disc.txt
(129.68 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
rename disc.ems
Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 10.12.18 pm.png
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

So Ive been playing around with things, Have a problem with EST bypass signal from ecm to ignition module. But i don’t know if it's a problem that I have made or my setup. Having a go at a single coil with dizzy ignition. So I have a disc with 6 holes in it . With my bench setup I have it running under 400rpm approx. bypass is low ( as it should ) when I increase rpm about 500 EST bypass goes High ( as it should) but when I keep increasing rpm (3000 approx.) est bypass drops out …… This will cause problems for me and the ignition module I want to build .Anyone else played with this ?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It sounds like its loosing sync. Can you have a look at the REF signal on a scope and see if its clean?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396