Tinkers Rides rb30 to delco

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Vrv8hz

Re: Tinkers Rides

Post by Vrv8hz »

20201102_084942.jpg
I used a modified EL falcon 6cyl crank wheel and CAS.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4078&hilit=spool+valve

http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... =128#p1022

I did have it running on a modified dizzy and v8 module a few months ago while I was looking for a Jackaroo module.

Its pretty slap up at the moment but it will tidy up with a new plenum and some other bits.

If you want to tune the factory VL computer you can socket the memcal and customise a tune. I did this initially as well but there isn't much to play around with in tunerpro. And I wanted to get rid of the AFM.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3310&p=37688&hilit ... bin#p37688

Anyway you might have already read all this stuff but just in case.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Very nice.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Ok , anyone want to know what a RB30 sounds like with no exhaust ,no AFM , here it is ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DWbnog ... sp=sharing
enginestand.JPG
Not bad .. :driving:

So ,next thing is to strip wiring harness and sensors and look for a gm harness to mod.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Hi , the way I understand it the v6 18x 3x the signals are used by DFI module , My question(s) is how many pulses come from it and go to the ECM per 720 crank degrees? I have read about a divided by 6 circuit in the DFI but don’t understand how it works. And is this a 12volt or 5volt signal? TIA.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

From what i understand, the DFI modules, Commo v6 or jackaroo, simply decode the crank triggers, then all the computer sees is a 5v suqare wave output from the DFI .... in the case of the jackaroo, 6 + 1 trigger, it uses the + 1 to work out where TDC #1 is, then i think from memory it was skip a tooth then fire, skip and tooth then fire so on till it gets the +1 again ..... then all you have to do is put the leads on in the right order to suit your engines firing order.

the commo v6 v's jackaroo is simply a matter of your trigger wheel, the jackaroo one is nice and simple only needing 6 slots evenly spaced plus 1 extra like 10 degrees apart .... whereas the commodore has the 18X as well as the 3X triggers, but again the DFI decodes that and just sends a signal for each cylinder to fire.

and of course they are both wasted spark systems.

so to answer your question, it will fire off 6 spark events to the ECU in 720 degrees, 3 per crank revolution.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

All good mate thanks for the info. My plan is to use the RB30 dizzy (cas) and make up my own interrupter disc . I have been playing with emachine shop CAD software . Never done any CAD work before so getting there slowly. I have a CAD of the disc with the 2* 18x around the outside now i have to get the position right for the 3X . The outer and inner ring trigger beams are different spacing than the commodore so i have some figuring to do.
webpic.jpg
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

thats cool! interested to see how this one goes ....
Tinker

Re: Tinkers Rides rb30 to delco

Post by Tinker »

Injectors !!! Looking for the cheapest way to get a set of hi impedence injectors to suit the delco that will fit the RB30 manifold with the least work.

Anyone out there know the solution?

TIA
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

18/3 won't work in the dizzy the dfi is expecting it every 360 degrees putting it in the dizzy makes it see it every 720.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

delcowizzid wrote:18/3 won't work in the dizzy the dfi is expecting it every 360 degrees putting it in the dizzy makes it see it every 720.
When the wheel is finished it will have 36 5deg seperation and 6 cam signal . every crank revolution will see 18 *3 of the cam wheel.
every crank 10deg is 5deg of the cam wheel.