Re: Tinkers Rides rb30 to delco

Post by In-Tech »

I want to check it out :wall: :comp:
I'll try on a newer 'puter :mrgreen:
Banned from pcmhacking.JPG
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

LOL, Its just a iphone video i dont think its anything special.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I have problems with iphone videos on firefox. Try chrome or another browser, should work then.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Looking for EFI plugs, anyone have a good reference ? Looked at www.efihardware.com CAS plug $18 bucks . is that a good price?
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

dizzy sensor.jpg
dizzy sensor.jpg (322.22 KiB) Viewed 5387 times
OK so going back to the dizzy after opening up the photo interrupter housing you can see how the beams are setup .There is a alloy cover plate( hard to get good pic) that goes over the photo transistor the center is a single slot smack in the middle (inner ring) the outer has 3 slightly smaller slots about 10deg from center.
IMG_0778.JPG

Not sure if outer ring with the three slots is going to work as good as the single slot for the inner ring .The delco ign module is looking for number of transitions of (18x) when the 3X goes low. I think I'll have to test and see. Still waiting for new CAS plug so I can get it wired up on the bench.

Preferably I would have liked 2 single slots for both....and this housing is not made to come apart easy .
Attachments
IMG_0784.JPG
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Ok So I have redone my chopper disc so the 18x is on the inner track (single slot for beam) and the 3x sync on the outer track (3 slots for beam) . The 18x is the more important as the 3x doesn’t get used after sync. Well that’s the what I’m thinking.

I am looking for cheap logic analyzer off eBay .https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/38444178897 ... SwvVJhZN8F
anyone use this ? or have something else they can recommend?

I would like to see how close my sync pattern is . It must be in the ball park ignition module fires the coils
IMG_0838.JPG
Got a couple of vids of it working..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RcWKWG ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-jg_-k ... sp=sharing
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i've used one similar, only 8 channels though, its been great for working out trigger wheels and firing orders etc of some speeduino stuff i've been playing with for an Alloytec V6

60-2 trigger, 1 x cam (simulated from arduino) to test ecu firing order.

wasted spark.
2021-08-18_16-04-41.jpg
sequential.
2021-08-18_15-57-04.jpg
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It looks like im very late to this thread (how did I miss this!?) But I have played around with interfacing a nissan optical CAS to a delco. We used the no longer available VL400 ignition module, and it looks like you have done away with the circuit, but for background information we found the original system was 8v powered, and the CAS needed a pull up resistor in the ignition module/pcm side. Without it the signal was weak and full of noise. We also found that nearly every single nissan at the wreckers with that ignition system was there because of a faulty CAS. When they fail they get electrically noisy and cut out randomly. The car we installed this on is still running but we had to use a new after market CAS. Those of us who worked on it also agree we would not bother with the nissan ignition system, and would put the GM 6+1 trigger on the balancer with the US ignition module and an ABS sensor as a pick up. Having said that, you have a lot of time invested in this, and getting it working will be very satisfying. The thread were did it is here, but most our sanity destroying nights are not documented in the thread and its probably not if much use, if any. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3020#p32005 Edit: Just watched the vids, I see it is running, congrats! :thumbup:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

So its been awhile .... Just work and life lol.....I got my ebay digital sampler to check the output of the dizzy . I could see that the coil pack was sort of glitching . I will show screen shot of sample . the sample shows 18x is perfect no problems at all . the 3x side is slightly out of phase (pattern) I can change that but I have not been able to fix the glitch.
Screenshot (7)_LI.jpg
Also I am running new cas, and with the nissan disc back in the dizzy the pattern is perfect with no glitches.

with 360 1 deg slots and 6 sync slots (cant fit all onto screen this is the nissan sample)
Screenshot (6).png

I was thinking the beam was going through the cardboard so i coloured it in with black marker but made no difference. my slot holes are within a nat of perfect i dont think thats the problem, I am really out of ideas..... If anybody has an idea im all ears!!
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Yes only got the 8ch one. I love this little tool and for $20 bucks can't go wrong, should of got one years ago !!!
Last edited by Tinker on Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.