psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by psyolent »

....My VX doesn't appear to have that relay in the fuse box. Or I had a boy look.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

That’s right, it doesn’t, yours has a mini relay, which I checked visually while train spotting with you
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Post by vlt304 »

fuel pump relay should be a mini relay and efi "should" be a large 1 both suffer the same fault at times. many fuel pumps and crank angle sensors have been replaced only to have the car stop again or fail to start because of these little buggers.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

That's normally my first port of call, check fuses, check relays and then swap the high load ones over with low load or ones only used occasionally like the horn or high beam.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

yeah, swapped all that jazz over when Biggvl came to the rescue. No change. Then it started working after it got towed to the shop. Put a few litres of fuel in it and the gauge went over half. Deffo on the way.
Cheers,

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

so spent some time with Biggvl yesterday arvo - now have a new fuel pump (it seems the one in there was original) - took it for a run, still detonating / felt a bit better but not right
so a fresh gutful of premium fuel was in order
it actually started properly this morning like a VX is supposed to. so thats a good start.
the hesitation and detonation is no longer there as well.
G banger reckons i might have had a shit batch of fuel as well ; we had a good gander in the tank and there didn't look to be any water in there nor was there any crud or other shit in there. pretty clean. so will see how we go.

other things on the poor old thing which are fucked,
- Z bar bushes /castor rods, nothing suprising there
- engine mounts are fucked. sump almost rubbing on K frame
- centre bush /support on tailshaft, pretty much well non existent
- pass side steering rack boot, yeah thats fucked

so theres a few dollars there. me and the car have more than i thought in common. we're both pretty fucked.
Cheers,

yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Your about half way there to what Biggvl had to do to my VY a couple years back.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Own a half a million km vx all stock omg it all needs replaced lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

my good school mate has his vy nearly at 600k. Already had most of the car replaced, not once but twice in some cases.

The diff is the only major mechanical thing left and its about to blow up by the autistic screaming it makes.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

yeah the diff in the VX can be a bit missus like (whiney) from time to time. should probably change the oil. never been done while i've had it :|
i can't complain these cars are awesome. ok it doesn't do 0-100 in 1 second but i can get in it and drive it half away across victoria and it just does it. best car ever.
Cheers,