cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by vlad01 »

The fuck? rust on a vt?

I think there must of been more than just water sitting there for that to happen.

Just look at the VNs and how long continuous water in the spare wheel well with the tyre fretting the paint away to bare metal takes to rust out. It took most cars more that 20 years to get even 1 pin hole.

Yeah I got leaves in all my cars. The VP went to bendigo with the same amount of leaves as you have, only problem is you have a few 10mm holes to to get them out of lol. I will deal with it when it gets back, but they don't rust there regardless.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

yeah i know right. on a VT. 1998/1999 spec, so not even 20. almost wrote 10. fuck i am getting old.
it runs down the window and sits there.
maybe it was a coast car so excess salt. i know above the back window its started as well, so, i need to cover that until i can pull the window/fix properly. funny thing about rust, where you see a small bubble in the paint next to something theres normally a fucktonne of it hiding waiting for you. sucks.
either way its bathed in POR15 now. not really fussed about there being a hole there, but the crack i will weld up. that aint good.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Make sure you rug up when you weld ha ha ha ha
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

There is a NOS vt body at holdent. Ideal race car stuff as its totally empty and rust free.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

thanks glenn. will do.

yeah. vt body. nah.
Cheers,

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

time to upgrade to a pre vt/post vl platform for ya race car. vt are shit anyway.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

nah, they rust too VSH.
vt is ok for titanic like handling :)
i quite like my luxury barge for its daily commute to the train station, and half way across victoria every 6 weeks
starts every time (after i double key due to a fuel system issue) has a fucked passenger side wheel bearing and yeah is great
Cheers,

psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

well thats one hub done on the good old trusty VX. shit i am unfit as fuck. thought i was going to die doing it. time for some excercise. or an exorcism :)
Cheers,

HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Where's the like button lol
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

its next to the death button.
having something to eat and letting that settle before i do the other side. i have turned into a BFC. was always a cunt, just big and fat now :D
Cheers,