psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Re: GregsVN

Post by psyolent »

electrical fires. oh awesome :| fk me. tks mate.

yeah thats what i reckon as well. and aren't they fun to get in and out. lol. i had a good laugh doing that lastnight.
then i was cursing myself because i couldn't find the keys. looking all throughout the house. only to find them in the ignition.
about then i gave it away.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

yes, now we are in business. handbrake light, lights up in the right place now, and, not the whole dash. i found my old vn --> vs dash conversion PDF i wrote in 2003, and, there was a pic in there of the plugs, and, two were around the wrong way. glad i used my non S dash just in case :)
Cheers,

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

i found this as a circuit with two 10k VR which can be adjusted for width / delay which may work as an injector 'pulser' for such a injector cleaning setup if anyone is interested.
i know there are more electronically more savvy people on here than me so feedback welcome, i've never worked with 555 timers before. just built amps with LM1875s and LM3886s
Cheers,

ralcool
cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

Post by ralcool »

Essentially yes, but there is a little more to it.

The timer itself needs to be able to feed a power transistor to do the heavy lifting. 6 injectors consume over 2amps at moderate 2 pulses per second.

It'll never even look at a single injector... an LED is not a real load.

Even the setup I cobbled together was barley able to run a high pulse rate without overheating the driver transistor.. A few minutes run time at full noise.

You asked for some feedback.

So I originally sourced (for a similar project) these project Jaycar boards, usually a PWM has a predefined operating frequency but variable pulse width... fine for DC motors and resistive loads, but not quite enough for this thing. So I bypassed the on-board oscillator and fed it an adjustable hz square wave signal via the second board.

Anyway i once spent a lot more time hacking up and fixing electronics professionally, now its a referral basis. But you've seen already how long I've been chasing a fault in my own hardware... the gremlins don't always want to be caught.

Now the book. Either I can try to scan the oversized pages on my shit Canon multipurpose printer, or maybe I could loan you the book.
Photographing the pages is almost as easy.

I'm reasonable.

Cheers.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

thanks ralcool. thats awesome and i appreciate your feedback. i can't learn if i don't listen. the key word for me was 'driver' - that made something click.
there was another thing i found just after this FYi;

i have never worked with NPN/PNP transistors but this schematic of sorts has two in it which may suffice the load better perhaps of the injector(s)
the transistors would have to be heat sinked (sunk) to help deal i suppose with that load too.

i'd rather not loan the book, unless you're in VIC and i can come and get it and return it to you.
i would dare not post it as i hate the thought of it getting lost and me having to replace it for you.
photographing the pages would be superb and more than i could ask for.

thanks very much :)
Cheers,

psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

here we go
http://www.rmcybernetics.com/projects/D ... roller.htm
uses an irf740 transistor
Cheers,

psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

....and after seeing the knock box today ; found this in my travels
its from http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/inde ... pic=127345 for reference
using a 'standard' nissan knock sensor to 'listen' which looks identical to that of what biggvl had on his knock box. pretty simple with a 324 op amp. could drive it off +12 as the 324 will take 0.3 to 32vdc.
Cheers,

Chuff

Post by Chuff »

Hey Psyolent,

I too saw Biggvl's knockbox and it does pretty much exactly what mine does.

This is the one I built
2015-11-01 18.54.15.jpg
using these instructions

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.ht ... -II&A=1353

Only has a single volume control for both headphone speakers, whereas Biggvl's had a control for each. Cost me less than $40 to build and works flawlessly. :thumbup:

Chuff
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

yeah i found that trawling thru the interwebs lastnight when i found that other diagram which uses the nissan knock sensors. the same knock sensor is used in a mass of models, so, will give it a crack on some veroboard and report back in.
Cheers,

psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

bit of progress today, vaccuumed the garage as it was filthy and threw out some stuff. vlad is still more OCD. yes you did read vaccuumed.

got the booster attached to the brake pedal so thats all good.
started assembly of the dash now, so, thats all good.
Cheers,