Torana SS

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Re: Torana SS

Post by VK_3800 »

Yes, its still enough for the booster but I did have some return-to-idle issues to work out too as hard stops would drag the engine down a bit
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Good to know. I plan to run a VT booster, master and brakes and 260º @ 0.050 cam. Not sure what the vac will be like but hoping that will still be a lot better than the stock 1" VP "v8" brakes my S pack has which is way worse than the stock v6 brakes which already don't stop.

I remember the first test drive I missed the sellers driveway lol.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I use a 262° @ .050" cam with 106° lsa & still has enough for vacuum brakes to operate.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Awesome! Now all I need to know is if tall V6 rocker covers will even clear the booster :lol:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

thats some nice fab work, your certainly putting a lot more effort in than most people would!
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

Yeah I went back to the start of this post and re read. Some awesome work done here
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I did the same, some top level work there :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
VK_3800

Post by VK_3800 »

Previously I had hacked up a VN throttle body linkage to get the progressive lever. This was definitely better than the original lever which was too touchy to be driveable.

However I was still looking to tidy that up a little and improve progression, so I made a new one. You can see how much closer to the throttle shaft the cable is at the anchor end.

Just clears everything and allows full throttle just as it hits the secondary lever:
VK_3800

Post by VK_3800 »

Took the car for a WOF inspection one of the days we had some major flooding a few months back, turns out driving through the water uncovered some hidden issues and failed on some rust inside the guards both sides.

Turns out a previous repair to the inner structure of the guards had been left with the bottom part of the flange missing, which has just packed full of dirt over the years. The water washed some of that out leaving a hole. On the driver side this was still only the guard itself, so I just had to rebuild the flange that sits against the pillar.

On the passenger side, the mud packed in there had started eating away at the base of the A pillar.

Fresh metal required.

Rebuild the inner structure and seal it up.
VK_3800

Post by VK_3800 »

The fit of the front guards has never been very good, as it turns out the previous repair to the inner structure was also responsible for this. The passenger side had a big shim to get even close to reasonable position, notice the gap between the flange and the pillar.

But even the shimming didn't give a particularly good result on the outside.

Removing the part of the flange that needed replacing allowed moving things around to get a slightly better fit.

While mucking around with gaps something that had always annoyed me was the passenger side window frame. According to my measurements there's no significant difference between the openings left and right, so resorted to a bit of brute force and ignorance.
Now I can no longer get my finger in between the window frame and body, and the seal sits in the right place. Good enough.