FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Holden202T

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

Been making slow progress on a lot of the wiring stuff, not a lot to really show, more of the same, some covering up of wires and a heap of p clips and rivets!
1.JPG
1.JPG (192.86 KiB) Viewed 2256 times
With the fuel system and panel changes in the boot of the car, there wasn't really much room for the original boot latch, so i got some of these rubber latch thingos :)
2.JPG
First door is fully finished with the mounting tabs for the poly carbonate windows, so i had to fit it up and put my racing number on!
3.JPG
3.JPG (267.11 KiB) Viewed 2256 times
4.JPG
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Quite possibly going to be the worlds fastest FX Holden!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well it would be nice Antus but i somehow doubt that :P i've seen a few of these with twin turbo v8's in them, but i am building what i can afford haha!
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Getting there after so much hard work. Is it Super Street category? I'm just going off the number on the window. Can't wait for a pic of the time sheet. I was at Mt Panorama for 4 days (Bathurst 6 hr) and there was a HD in the historic racing and boy it went like the clappers and extremely reliable. I had thought those engines were getting too old but learnt a lesson. There is no such thing as a slow race car.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Not race 'cars', however there is Slow Racing ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Uz0x4ubys
The very first form of racing I won in, way back in 68.

Nothing wrong with building what you can afford ... Personally I think you've already won!

It's unique, it's cool as hell and you built it yourself, with a cute little helper!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

thanks Gampy!

Charlescrown, yes it will be initially Super Street, then once i get any kinks ironed out and the required safety gear to run in Super Sedan i will step up to that .... its just a lot more cost per year and i dont want to be paying it if its not needed.
Ddstoys
cars: HQ Monaro
WB one tonner

Post by Ddstoys »

That’s mint and amazing to find one with so little rust specially these days
Ddstoys
cars: HQ Monaro
WB one tonner

Post by Ddstoys »

Oh wow my reply was to the first page I didn’t realise there are a ton of pages to go till my reply came up .

This looks like it’s going to be a good read
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

The front springs in the FX i thought were a good height but when the front guards etc were all on it ended up too low, and the wheels are really too wide of an offset so my solution was to get slightly higher springs so the wheels wouldnt hit on the guards .... in looking at options i wondered if there was some form of coilover for these that would 1. give adjustability in the height and 2. give compression/rebound tunability ....

turns out there is, and best of all its the same brand and type of shock i have in the rear!!
coilovers.jpg
coilovers.jpg (67.27 KiB) Viewed 2016 times
im still waiting on delivery of these, im pretty keen to get them in!!

other than that, been just slowly ticking boxes, the vacuum pump controller is now all wired and plumbed in, so far so good seems to work as i'd hoped!

got the other rear door completed with poly carb, and halfway through a front door .... all the mounting tabs are cut out and the poly is trimmed to fit, so hpoefully soon it will just leave the two front and rears to do.

honestly once windows and coilovers are in theres only maybe one or two jobs to do before i can look at getting a tech inspection!! :driving:
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Viking! Nice.

I really want a set to play with for the Commodore.