FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Holden202T

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

which part of that sentence is painful to hear ?
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Damn, my mouth got me in a spot again ... One would think at my age I would have learned by now to keep it shut, nope! :oops:

All of it ... the whole statement is painful.

Like I said, I am too passionate about this shit.

No one tells me what I want in my car (or whom ever's car I'm doing), I listen, I read, I study, I decide!

To me, a race car is not just a collection of parts but a symphony of carefully selected components placed in all the right places, all singing in harmony!

Ever seen a single orchestra orchestrated by multiple conductor's ...

That does not mean I do not accept ideas from others!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

I completely agree with the above except that sometimes it isn't practicable to learn everything at one time, sometimes taking the advice of suppliers/experts is a reasonable supposition and considering that something like springs are a tuning tool and fairly easy to change it's not the end of the world. Real world experience (when it hits the track) will ultimately decide if other springs are required.

Considering this is a clean sheet build with a lot of unknowns (like corner weights of the finished car) some guess work is required. It's not like he's building a common car where there is a huge knowledge base in the industry to help you make decisions.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i guess i have previous experience (ie. the gemini) to improve from, like adjustable rear end/shocks etc, but at the end of the day the car is totally different to the gemini so there's going to be a lot of difference just from that.

my aim was to improve on the past and take what i've learnt previously and apply it to hopefully have a more in tune symphony than the gemini was!

i too Gampy read, study, listen and take from it what i think is right ... and i'm not always right but its all i can do :)
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Holden202T wrote:my aim was to improve on the past and take what i've learnt previously and apply it to hopefully have a more in tune symphony than the gemini was!
That whole statement is music to my ears ...
Holden202T wrote:i too Gampy read, study, listen and take from it what i think is right
Yes, knowing what little I know of you, I have Zero and I do mean Zero doubt of that!
Holden202T wrote:and i'm not always right but its all i can do :)
That is the exact point, now you do know! ;)

You don't "know" until you do it yourself ... :thumbup:
Unfortunately there are way to many that do it themselves and still don't "know" because they don't learn from their mistakes.

My mentor told me,
Don't let anyone make decisions for you, take input and make the decision yourself, accept accountability for that decision and learn from it.

And I say,
A wise man uses failure as a stepping stone for the path to success!
And so as not to exclude the ladies ...
A wise woman uses failure as a stepping stone for the path to success!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i think i'd get bored if i wasnt constantly learning / trying new / different things!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Amen!

I did, that's exactly why I'm here ... It's a mashing of parts of my world, that doesn't require the physical capabilities of those parts.
(And I mean Electronics Hacking, not me sticking my nose in your race car thread)

One should learn as many new things as they possibly can each and everyday!

Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

BD4F2B8D-1E92-4104-98DE-FDC92C4118CC.jpeg
BD4F2B8D-1E92-4104-98DE-FDC92C4118CC.jpeg (91.93 KiB) Viewed 2214 times
She’s about 1260lb on the front axle so the springs are right on the borderline!

This is without me in the car too!
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

WOW, that's heaps lighter than I was expecting!!!!

Great balance too :thumbup: :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i was hoping having the engine rearward would help with front / rear balance! i think from memory the gemini was 52% front, so its ever so slightly better lol!