FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Holden202T

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

oh bill what are you planning :D

yeah the calipers are from AU2/AU3/BA I believe ... came in the hoppers stoppers big brake kit for old holden, that's all I know.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

My guess is to reduce heat transfer to the brake fluid. I can't see any problem with them.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

me either cause they are steel ones now :P

Rebuilt the right front caliper last night and put it on, it no longer locks on!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

meant to post this the other day, totally forgot!

after I got the front right caliper on I wanted to see if I could stall it up at all, seems I need the other front brake to hold it, but I was able to get 1-2psi on the 2 step!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6IHdSSeawY&t=1s[/youtube]
you may also be wondering why I'm revving it all the time changing gears, because it doesn't have the park/neutral switch or even a shifter connected, I'm just working the gear linkage by hand and doing manual iac increases :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

A while back I started on making some supports in the floor for where the tailshaft tunnel and the floor would meet up but I didn't have enough steel, so this weekend just gone I finally had the time to get to the steel shop, so I got some angle for it and also got the flat bar to specs for the tailshaft loop, so that's all sorted now, and its contoured to suit the rear tailshaft loop thats part of the 4 link ... the angle will eventually extend up each side of the transmission and meet up with the floor near the firewall.
P1000112.JPG
While I was at the steel shop i got a sheet of tin so I could make a start on some of the flooring, and once we got the angle in place (above) we had to form up a tunnel just to see how it all looked, and I'm very happy with the outcome. :punk:
P1000113.JPG
its probably a bit too long at the moment but I wanted it to be too long rather than too short!

its pretty spacious lol, but theres no need for it to be streamline or anything, and from a rough look at it, I reckon my shifter on a flat base plate will be the perfect height!

I've also dummied the seat back up and it will perfectly mount up to the edge of the angle where the floor and tunnel meet!

I said a while back that now the motor is in and running I was going to focus on the Bedford (which I have been) but I've had a few people geeing me up to get the car to Gunnedah in march, so I am going to try, but that said, I am not going to work till midnight every day the month before, if its not ready its not ready, but that is a loose goal at the moment and more longer term goal is 6 banger nats next September if possible.

And yes Firebug I will be letting you know, maybe this Tuesday night some shed action!
firebug
cars: Pathfinder Ti 550, L67 Gemini

Post by firebug »

"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
firebug
cars: Pathfinder Ti 550, L67 Gemini

Post by firebug »

Took a couple of snaps while Sam was at work...

"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I spy with my little eye some very sneaky reference in that last pic ;)
jenko
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon

Post by jenko »

Can't see it
You trying to start a where's the reference page :lol:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

hahahaha yeah, firebug was the one that noticed its location as being "where wally" its behind the dewalt drill on the roof of the car!