FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by immortality »

I agree that workmanship just isn't what it used to be but this company at least sorted the problem at no extra cost other than time and frustration.

The medical comparison isn't really valid although I think I understand the frustration of dealing with said field.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

So I finally got out to the shed today, it felt like it had been so long since I've done anything on the race car, so I had a look back on this thread, the firewall part that I did is pretty much the last thing I did, and that was 4th feb!

I knew the last couple of weeks at work had been shit but I didn't realise it was that bad! Probably doesn't help we went to forster last weekend, but still I'm blaming work!

I did manage to get some more welding done on the passenger side floor pan .... I needed to finish the part where it joins the firewall so I can then do the actual firewall part now.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

In the small amounts of time I have had to work on the FX i got some help from dad to line this sill up and got it mostly welded in place.
20180325_115717.jpg
The sills where on the car when i got it, but only roughly installed, and also the inner sill and floor which i replaced was most of what it attached to, so i got all that stuff done so i could re-attach it, and also moved it approx. 5mm back to get it in the right spot.

I've also been thinking about other bits i need for the car, because i have actually finished spending money on bits i need, its all down the panel work and time now, so i looked into what larger wheels are available in my stud pattern, the wheels on the car now are 15 x 7 rims with 4.5 inch backspace, and a 26 x 10 inch tyre.

I will most likely go to a 15 x 10 inch rim with the same backspace, so 3 inch more dish 8-) and the only options for it are 28 by 10, 11, 12 inch wide (in MT ET Drag), so i will have to keep that in mind when looking at enlarging the wheel arches, but it also got me onto thinking about the look on the rear, so i found the best photo i had with the current wheels and photo shopped them, i think you'll agree the results are PHAT :punk:
P1130628.jpg
P1130628-crop.jpg
firebug
cars: Pathfinder Ti 550, L67 Gemini

Post by firebug »

Baby got back!
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

:thumbup:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

Looks awesome
jenko
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon

Post by jenko »

ditto :thumbup:
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

How soon till we see smoke coming of those tyres? Looks great.
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

PHAT!!!!!!!!
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well I've not had a lot of time to do much at all lately, but I did make straps for the fuel cell that are correct for this car so that is one step forward.

in other news, and you might find this hard to believe, but I actually have no money to spend on the car, its more need time to fabricate etc so I've started buying parts for the new diff, so far I have collected a TA Performance alloy diff cover/girdle, it comes with arp carrier stud kit
back plate.jpg
back plate.jpg (76.08 KiB) Viewed 3534 times
weld on diff tube ends
tubeends.jpg
tubeends.jpg (58.5 KiB) Viewed 3532 times
also 31 spline full spool, and 4.11 diff gears, the plan is to make a new diff approx. 4 inches shorter per side to suit the above pictured fatties, and add billet axles.

so while im not getting a lot of time to work on the car I am still able to spend money on it :)

we are actually 16 weeks pregnant, so I really need to get it done soon! :punk: