FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Holden202T

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

Got the rest of the parts i needed to complete this adjustable oil pressure do-dad.
1.JPG
2.JPG
This setting is af far out as the adjustment goes, and would put it on the original bolts collar, so theres plenty of room for adjustment, i've heard 2-3mm shims is what people put in them, so i have way more adjustment than that (not that i expect to need it)
3.JPG
3.JPG (354.91 KiB) Viewed 3158 times
in other news it looks like JE will only sell the pistons to Precision, and precision only sell the pistons in a set of six, so i've posted on every facebook group i am in to see if anyone has had to buy a set of six only for one or two of them, its a last ditch attempt to find singular parts!

failing that i'll be setting up a crowd funding option :lol:
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Think of it this way. If you buy a set your then got spares for the (hope it never happens) next time. My guess is there abt $600 a set and the rods a similar price. Are you going to weld up the window or get another block?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

the pistons retail for about $1k aus ... and the rods i think about $700 .... yes it would be nice to have spares for if anything happens again, but sure as shit it wont if i have spares on the shelf!

as for welding up a cast iron block .... i would have said its not worth the effort ? i have other blocks so my plan is to go with them.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

It will be very difficult repairing that block due to the way it was damaged. Maybe so if the case had a hole but the cylinder and water jacket got punched through so new block it is.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

It's not feasible to weld a cast iron block, alloy block is no problems.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

It is, but it's done by furnace brazing, not welding per say. Very few people can do it though and not worth it unless it's some super rare historical engine.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Macca97
cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects

Post by Macca97 »

202s are still readily available, that poor block is just a conversation piece now. if you red low on blocks sam, ive got probably 10 red ones
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Plus, you can get billet 202 blocks these days :grin:
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

vlad01 wrote:Plus, you can get billet 202 blocks these days :grin:
You can if you have a big enough bank balance.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Prob would have bought a stage 2 alloy Buick block by now if it wasn't for the retarded wrong side starter location lol.