FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Gampy

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Gampy »

Holden202T wrote:Yeah dad is the painter, we both brandish the spray gun but so far i have only layed on primer (and the pressure packs on the roll cage)
Obviously not his first! ;)
Holden202T wrote:we were pretty worried about our daughter (3.5yrs old) as shes had alot of asthma issues when she gets sick, and ended up in hospital 6 times in 2020 ... but she got it least of all of us so that was great, im happy to take the pain for her to not end up in hospital for once!
Amen to taking the pain ... She's such a cutie!
Our youngest grand daughter is 4 something.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

That paint job and colour is looking sweet!

Yeah I know the pain of ending up in hospital so many times. I was in there 4 times over the last 2 and half months.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

dads been spray painting cars since i was able to remember and im 42 this year! :D
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Heck, you're still a youngster, I got kids your age ...

I've sprayed a few, I ain't no good.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I'm good at aerosol cans and urethane paints via gun, probably be ok at 2 pack but that shit is toxic as so not keen to try it.

Absolutely shithouse at acrylic paint from the gun. I just paid a restoration joint to do my body work and paint, but I do everything else myself though.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I took the exhaust pipe off for 2 reasons, first one was because it was never properly painted and was mostly surface rust after the dyno .... also wanted to put a second o2 bung in it for when i am on the dyno .... so did that and cleaned it all up and added some satin finish high temp paint, its still wet in this pic, hense shiny looking.
1.jpg
1.jpg (250.68 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
On the weekend i got a few hours to get stuck into the painting of the floor, we put this stuff in the boot but we had some gun problems and other issues (very specific application instructions) so anyways this time it came out as it should, and it looks awesome, im not really sure that the pics do it justice, it is a very hard to photograph paint! anyways im stoked with the outcome, and once the floor dried i was able to start removing all the roll cage masking up, and start putting it back together!
2.jpg
This pic is just trying to show the fleck in the floor paint ............
3.jpg
3.jpg (210.84 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
So started to put the dash back together! its very dusty from sanding anywhere near the car, but you get the idea! i have also realised from this picture i probably need to paint the shift light bracket :roll:
4.jpg
Starting to run out of time for gunnedah (1 month this friday), so there will likely be no more painting for the time being other than some doors and guards getting cleaned up and a coat of primer.

I know at least one of the doors has some rust in the bottom so i might attempt to repair that if i have time .... but firstly i'll probably focus on getting all the wiring sorted and start throwing some convoluted conduit around so the car will be ready to go other than body work!

I also want to bring the ECU back to life so i can try and confirm that my data logging is going to work.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Looking awesome! :thumbup:
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

:driving:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well it certainly looks like there will not be any body paint before gunnedah, but i have been working on re-fitting the interior wiring and gauges etc .... the engine started last saturday but have yet to hook up all the dash wiring.

my goal is to get the boot sanded and another coat of primer on it (we've been hammering/bogging/sanding) and then work on some of the other panels, rear guards and doors etc to try and get them to a point of primering .... however life hasn't been giving me alot of time, or energy when i do have the time so we'll see how we go.

non-the-less it will be racing in 3 weeks time!!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Well, lots to update and no time, so i will just leave this here and say its the result of the last weeks flog to get the car finished and to Gunnedah!

best on the day of 6.56 @ 173kph .... to say it exceeded my expectations is an understatement, i didnt even expect it to match the Gemini on the first outing!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsDN-pSUJiU[/youtube]

very fucking stoked, will provide some more detail when i get time!