Macca's thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Macca97
cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects

Macca's thread

Post by Macca97 »

thought id start a thread to actually get my ideas flowing,
one thing will be to delco a boosted 202, not sure which way the boost will be made yet though, but will deaintly be happening later on,

maybe a hidden efi on my red 308 on my hz prem wagon (still at rust repair stage) as its going back to 'original'

heres where some of my ideas come into play, (gonna gonna gonna)

one idea was to find a clean granny spec vn-vp v6, make it a daily, than boost it, would love to do this, as i have loads of spares and spare complete cars, just none that would be suitable to rego,

ive also got a 1 owner 5LT VR auto,(was going to be a daily) was a beautiful till the bloke i got it off put it under a tarp and stuffed the paint, only has 190th ks on it, paints got worse since its sat for 12mths here, i had it ready for rego, even put a new headliner in it, than it wouldnt idle, so thats why its sat, full leather velour seats, its an optioned up executive which is pretty cool, fe2, lsd, irs, not sure if i should do a top end refurbish, kit the auto, than play around on $11p, than forced induction of some sort. might even be better off to sell it,

ive got way to many ideas, and to many projects already ahaha, but owell,

this will just be the thread that ill put everything in once i actually get started,
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
Holden202T

Re: Macca's thread

Post by Holden202T »

Look forward to seeing updates!!

:worthless:
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

LOL, you sound just like me, got a thousand things going on and never get to actually finishing one thing :(
Macca97

Post by Macca97 »

theres also a hg ute sitting up in the shed somewhere.... that might end up delco'd,

pics will come soon,

another idea since my boss has a speedway style track in one of his paddocks, i can get a camira cheap/free, and maybe do i dodgy turbo setup, currently using a 202'd corona which is awesome fun
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
Macca97

Post by Macca97 »

my Innovate dual channel LM-2 tuned up, went dual channel since my utes got a twin system with no cross over/H pipe,
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I question the need for dual channel. I would think when tuning it would only confuse. Anyway good luck they are a great little meter. I use a single channel one.
Macca97

Post by Macca97 »

took me abit to decide, v8 in the ute is twin system with dual plane maniold, so effectively its 2 4cylinders, thats the main reason, will probably only run one 02 on everything else
Macca97

Post by Macca97 »

picked up an injected 5LT cheap, with a spun bearing, already got another crank and rod, has a mildish cam fitted, flat tops, ill put it back together with new rings and bearings, if the compression is fairly low ill get it up around 10:1, give the ports a quick touch up, than stick it in the ute, should be a bit of an upgrade from the worn 253,
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

nice score!
Macca97

Post by Macca97 »

only use for the crank now is either a lamp stand, or grind to suit small journal chev rods,
already had 010 bearings, spun bearing has made it 040 under, no use for holden rods

this is actually my first major attempt at some sort of engine rebuild, done tonnes of head jobs, and pointless lawnmower engines, although one briggs gained 4hp, just never something that'll make half decent power, also thinking of retarding the cam a few degrees, move the rev range up a little, will decide once the bottom ends together,