Macca's thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Macca's thread

Post by Dylan »

See COME racing has some well priced cranks ext at the minute. Closing down sale.
Macca97
cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects

Post by Macca97 »

got a shock when i saw that the other day, love to grab a stroker assembly for my wagon, but just dont have the coin,

also does anyone no where i can find an inline VVS, so i can still retain my mechanical speedo but also have the vvs or the ecu, google just isnt giving any hints, plan is to put a 6CYL falcon T5 behind the 5lt,
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I'm going to see if Sam will give a good deal on a billet v6 crank re the closing down.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

come is closing down? seriously not?
VSH stroker or non?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

stroker on a v6? hell no. if anything de-stroke would be a better path to take.

I'm sticking with stock as it will give me the rpm operating range I need.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Macca97

Post by Macca97 »

managed to salvage the rod, now just waiting on bearings, rings and the crank, than i can get the bottom end together and degree the cam in, hopefully its not to big,

also got the nvram and usb for the computer, can i use a 4cyl computer on the v8? as id like to keep the v8 ones i have standard and chop and change the 4cyl ones
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

Macca97 wrote:can i use a 4cyl computer on the v8? as id like to keep the v8 ones i have standard and chop and change the 4cyl ones
The 808 was used on 4,6, & 8 cylinders. There is no difference, apart from the sticker, between a 4,6, & 8 cylinder 808. The 082 and 305 are just an improved 808, and even though they were not installed on 4 cylinder cars they to will work on 4, 6, & 8 regardless of what they come off.
Macca97

Post by Macca97 »

cool, that was my initial thought, always like to check though
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The 082 and 305 have the SXR chip which means you dont need a comms board - as you can hook up the ALDL and use an ALDL interface. Not better or worse, just different.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Macca97

Post by Macca97 »

can start getting things done now, have a crank, rings and bearings, so i can atleast get the short motor together, hopefully ill finish work early friday, and can get the block cleaned up before it gets to cold and dark