My Every Day Driver

Post by REV »

DSCN0585.JPG
The1

Re: My Every Day Driver

Post by The1 »

Nice, did the coils not have numbers on them lol
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

Non oem blower pulley, how much boost are you making?
REV
cars: VT V6 L67 Wagon , Corvettes, C10 Truck VT V6 Sedan

Post by REV »

The Coils yer no numbers it helps lol... its making 18psi WOT 69MM Throutle Body 1.9 rockers with a over drive HYM-Ballancer. i built the motor about 5 years ago it has a pare of my heads on it.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

What sort of IAT's are you seeing with such a small pulley?
REV
cars: VT V6 L67 Wagon , Corvettes, C10 Truck VT V6 Sedan

Post by REV »

Well it gets hot and does when its over 12psi going up hills but being aware of it helps. i moved the fuel rails away from the top because they was getting hot and getting vaper locks lol. but normal driving have no problems but the power is there when i need it.some time this year i will build another bottom end but it will be strocked and i will get my boys in Sydney to simess sleeve all 6 bores, i'm going for 5ltr's from it.
MAGP

Post by MAGP »

REV wrote:Well it gets hot and does when its over 12psi going up hills but being aware of it helps. i moved the fuel rails away from the top because they was getting hot and getting vaper locks lol. but normal driving have no problems but the power is there when i need it.some time this year i will build another bottom end but it will be strocked and i will get my boys in Sydney to simess sleeve all 6 bores, i'm going for 5ltr's from it.
:shh: Waiting for Vlad to come down heavy on this :shh:
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

you won't get 5l out of it. Max ever done was by Ron in qld with 4.4L even the indy 500 race cars in the states only ever managed 4.5L on stage 2 block and huge stroke. Because of the massive stroke they were extremely unreliable and never had success in the indy series due to virtually every car not finishing from grenaded engines.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
MAGP

Post by MAGP »

vlad01 wrote:you won't get 5l out of it. Max ever done was by Ron in qld with 4.4L even the indy 500 race cars in the states only ever managed 4.5L on stage 2 block and huge stroke. Because of the massive stroke they were extremely unreliable and never had success in the indy series due to virtually every car not finishing from grenaded engines.
Max is 4.4 but indy got 4.5? a little contradictory isn't it.
How about 4.7? http://www.rpengines.com.au/Engines/Holden-V6
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

MAGP wrote:
vlad01 wrote:you won't get 5l out of it. Max ever done was by Ron in qld with 4.4L even the indy 500 race cars in the states only ever managed 4.5L on stage 2 block and huge stroke. Because of the massive stroke they were extremely unreliable and never had success in the indy series due to virtually every car not finishing from grenaded engines.
Max is 4.4 but indy got 4.5? a little contradictory isn't it.
How about 4.7? http://www.rpengines.com.au/Engines/Holden-V6
No more contradictory than you saying can't wait for Vlads comment and then try say his wrong ?