My Every Day Driver

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Re: My Every Day Driver

Post by MAGP »

HQ355 wrote:No more contradictory than you saying can't wait for Vlads comment and then try say his wrong ?
I didn't say "I can't wait" I said
MAGP wrote::shh: Waiting for Vlad to come down heavy on this :shh:
because I have seen Vlad make negative comments about strokers in ecotecs.

As for trying to say he is wrong, I didn't try to do anything of the sort. What I did do is type a response and provide evidence that he was somewhat mistaken. Is that ok with you?
REV
cars: VT V6 L67 Wagon , Corvettes, C10 Truck VT V6 Sedan

Post by REV »

Well i was only saying i was hopping to get 5ltrs i havent done to much maths on it if i only get 4.4 well that will be it. may not even bother i only was thinking about it. I'm too busy doing other motors for customers.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

There is nothing negative about strokers in general, its just for the 3800 II/III they are a compromise more than the benefit due to the already border lining critical rod angles. They do fair better in the older engines due to the 1" taller deck and long rods but still with only 4 mains and split journals, a stroker is increasing centrifugal forces beyond comfortable levels as also the decreased crank rigidity is asking for trouble if run at stock peak rpm ranges or higher, typical of a performance engine.

I have heard of moderate success in mitigating that by using an odd fire crank which have non split journals but then they introduce a new problems with harmonic vibrations that also can break the crank.

With a stroker v6, you'd want to lower the rpm range for a happy life of the engine and being blown is actually a good path to take as you overcome lost hp from a lower rpm range and a nice increase in torque will be seen as well.

My recommendations for rpm range would be max 5500rpm for a stroker, stock stroke 6800rpm, 2.8" de-stroker has been proven good for 8500-9000rpm.

Just don't go revving it to 6500-7000 and expect it to last years, lot of people have killed stroker v6 like this. You'd be better off over boring the engine as the cylinder walls are meaty as in the v6 and 60-80 thou is no probs and could push it to 3.9-4L without a stoker crank.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

PM sent.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.