Post by immortality »

What diff gears it running now?
gtrboyy
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by gtrboyy »

Should be good to see what difference 28" tyres will make but certainly is a good sign when taller gears required from making more power
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Has 3.45s back in it limiter at 6800 .the converter has stretched a lot more with more power its like 13% or more slip might have to fit the 3.08 in a vl diff .use love to get the converter tightened would probably do a 9 straight away as it lost us about 4mph over the tighter converter
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Awesome work delcowizzid, great times on 5 psi lower boost!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yeah she's definitely working lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

the interesting thing would be how much more flow is there, because is just a measure of restriction, so if its less boost going faster, its obviously flowing more air.

I found the same thing with a better head and bigger cam/values I made more HP on less boost pressure, that's what its all about though, the better everything flows, the more potential you have from the turbo!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yeah and less boost less backpressure it all adds up to more flow and hp
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Few tweaks ready for the weekend .new aeromotive 380L/hr pump AEM regulator with removable orifice stiffer right rear spring 3.08 vn diff lol.tested it today the right rear spring seams to have fixed our traction mismatch from side to side it no longer hits boost and crabwalks sideways up the street still spins but perfectly straight up the road with more forward drive.adjusted reg till we were in the low to mid 11s for fuel will add some boost if the first pass is too rich lol oh and fitted 4 inch front rims with 26x4 front runners skinny little bitches saved around 4kg per wheel lol
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

20171206_192856.jpg