DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
delcowizzid

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

https://youtu.be/RxgmjwgDO2A round 2 popped a cooler pipe off the throttle body
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Anyone want some parts lol
20170814_185125.jpg
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

lol, big end looks a little stretched.

This actually fared a lot better than a parts VN I bought almost 10 years ago that had a blown engine. only solid piece was as yours the crown and the gudion pin and one bolt. The rest was completely powder, fine sand and gravel like bits. The irony though was it still started first go and seem to run ok apart from a clunking noise.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Haha the crank is 2 peices by the looks split between 2 journals won't know till it comes out the block cams been hit it's toast cam chain snapped bent valves in 2 cylinders .guess that bigend was why oil psi was down 1.5 bar from normal lol
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Probably and oil pump was likely stuffed with shaving going through it. Its a vicious feedback loop.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah wow, certainly made sure there wasn't any good bits left in the motor :P

were they stock rod bolts or arp ? certainly good enough if they are just stockers!
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Looking at the pic they look stock and yes both of them are still there. The stock thread is 3/8 24 TPI so they are pretty beefy.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Stock bolts solid as lol new engines already well under way even crack tested the crank and been measured checked for straight and index checked along with a polish aftet hot tanking .the cams out getting ground once it's back off for new cam bearings to suit and she's ready to smash together again.
Fixed my airbag Ain't no soft drink coffee or wet dog killing my airbag module and wiring again bubble wrapped for safety my luck condensation dripping from the bubble wrap will kill it next lol
20170830_173023.jpg
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

It's here new upgrade might not use it after I test it untill the old gear dies just on hand in case the flaky has a fit lol and 5 sst 27sf512s from China sèe if they are reliable or OTP in desquise lol also have some winbond ones coming and 2 nvrams
20170831_151137.jpg
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Well chip has programmed if I select winbond chip lol but has programmed and erased 5 times no worries next find a car to test one on and see if they hold the data and are fast enough if they work I might get 100 if anyone's keen