immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by immortality »

How'd the rest of the day go?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i wasnt there but 10.9's first day 10.5 next morning havnt caught up yet.new springs arrived this morning so fit them pronto maybe tweak preload and see if we can get it on boost earlier that way as we shifted powerband to the right adding preload on the old springs bit of testing ahead
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

so it was a two day race meeting ?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

yeah allways are :D 140+ cars first day practise and quilify 2nd day quick practise and race on
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

sounds like gunnedah, test and tune saturday qual and eliminations sunday!

its a good format, i love it!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

soft 10.5 run:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrQkr1U5xbo[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrQkr1U5xbo
new valve springs in and some comp cams magnum pushrods for a little more length to get the adjusters not so far adjusted on the rockers.tried stock 1.5 turns of preload we run and then back off half a turn for a test seems to spool better with less which wasnt a surprise when we added half last time power shifted up the rpm range and mph went up see how we go.also the 1/2 turn gave us heaps of oil flow back to the topend due to the rockers being so far adjusted that the oil passages were blocked off LOL now just have to hope we dont empty the sump during a run down the strip
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

shes getting out of the hole nicely now, got a time slip you can post up ?

if you have that issue of pumping the sump empty, put small cut in the bottom of the pushrods like a flat blade screw driver, keeps most of it down in the valley/sump and not in the heads - poor mans edge orifice lifters :)
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

tim 10.5 timeslip.jpg
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

thats very interesting, when you compare numbers to this one!
10.54-126mph.jpg
very similar times, but quite a bit of difference at certain parts of the track!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Getting the vx ready for a roady and thought ide check out the plugs after deleting egr while it's in the shed no more signs of det. Thought ide check the leads for resistance too all the passenger side 2.x kohm 2 of the drivers 4.x kohm number 6 was 57 kohms wonder if that's my stumble that it's had forever lol.gonna check the coil resistance tomorrow I'm sick of it being a slug lol