DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
delcowizzid

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

Car didn't like being parked inside overnight something is hanging the data bus fans on when running and no litres per hundred on the dash and oil light on continuous. I only vacuumed and cleaned it and did the plugs .unplugged and still no difference wonder if it's the bcm Windows etc working I do have vats turned off so hard to tell if it's talking to the ecu will plug in when I get home if the bus isn't totally hungup
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Always something. That'll teach you for looking after it.
You have an undercover garage on the boat??
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Sold the boat doubled our dollars lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Ok not abs not the dash unplugged both still the same can't even flash codes engine light just stays on solid guess part of the bcm is dead plugged in my factory ecu with vats still starts so it can get data to the ecu so the aldl wire must be good from ecu to bcm only thing left to unplug is the airbag module I think guess I'll pull the centre console apart and unplug it to see stupid bloody car lol
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

20170510_173615.jpg
20170510_173629.jpg

We have a winner lol sand drinks and wet dog damage lol looks like the plugs corroded and covered in spilt drinks .I unplugged it and still the same then I unplugged the other wiring plug further up the tunnel and it's bought the dash to life now to find how the harness all routes cause it's looking like a full replacement of the harness
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Geeeeez, check out how green those pins are :lol:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yeah it's looking like a full harness swap I reckon.have a vx ls1 wreck I can get it from hopefully just doesn't look to simple to get the harness out and don't think soldering a new plug on is best lol
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

Get some electroclean (or similar product) and give it a spray. You may find it will be enough and save you the cost of a harness.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

I think the corrosion is bridging wires as unplugging it still hung the data bus it only came good when I isolated the whole harness on the other plug
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

And ide hate a punch in the face from the steering wheel lol