dusto
cars: VE Maloo GXP
VY Tonner L67
Captiva
SV1000s
ER6-Race bike

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by dusto »

I go mental if the liner isnt fresh in a mig, i hate it not feeding smooth! should make a big difference if it was old
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

15 years or so old lol and had some rusty wire through it was jammy as . I did replace it with a net curtain runner for cheap but wasn't very good lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
dusto
VY Tonner L67
Captiva
SV1000s
ER6-Race bike

Post by dusto »

fuck me 15 year old liner!!!!!!
a good new one will make a world of difference
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

It arrived today just need some mods to make it fit tweco gun ordered a tweco liner different size brass infeed nothing a drill can't fix tomorrow lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I recently upgraded my gun to tweco and 4.5 mtr hose .... SSSSOOO good compared to the stocko 3mtr hose!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Off to buy some wire tomorrow still deciding between 0.6 and 0.8 0.6 should cover rust repairs exhausts and steampipe manifolds all good
dusto
VY Tonner L67
Captiva
SV1000s
ER6-Race bike

Post by dusto »

nice and handy to get around stuff! what size wire do you mainly run? thin stuff .6-.9 with that machine how does it go with the long lead? it could be causing some issues with smoothness.

I mainly use 1.2mm wire on 350+amp machines doing heavy stuff at work, we like to keep the leads as short as possible and have the separate wire feed up in the air on a boom, not real practical for the home setup like you have though
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

id definitely recommend .6, any bigger and its too hardcore for the small stuff but its good enough like you say to do bigger stuff.

when i first got a mig it came with .8 wire, i struggled with getting the amps low enough to melt it before the car panels (didn't know any better at the time) ... once i went .6 oh my god the difference! haven't used anything else since!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

My mates welder I have been using is later model and 0.8 we do everything from exhaust to chassis building but it definitely likes the heavy work better lays a mean bead used to be 0.9 was just to much.Ill get some 0.6 and try that shit out the drive roller is 0.6 on both sides so I'm guessing the machine is made for it lol
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Brandnew 0.6mm wire is in she's better than my mates brand-new caddy mig havnt laid any big beeds yet as my new helmet hasn't arrived but here's the difference before and after a birthday lol not straight cause I had my eyes shut lol
20180305_143321.jpg
20180305_143326.jpg