vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by vlad01 »

Good idea I think. Autos make good IEDs and 4L60/E aren't the strongest choices even when built up. Strong enough when built but still when they go they go lol
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Good old Pick a part 2 new softer springs for the coilovers $18 each didnt even look at what the car was they came out of was just looking in rear wheelarches of every little hatchback with my verniers in hand looking for the right internal diameter and suitably long needed a quick recoil with the grinder and i need to get the top coil flattened to keep the spring straight but a good place to start compared to the rock hard springs I had
20180811_155003.jpg
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

$18 is cheap enough!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yeah cheap enough for now .I might need different coilovers yet they only have 110mm of travel and if I leave 30mm or rise it doesn't leave much squat will just be a wait and see deal might have to mess with bar angles till it doesn't squat hard don't know untill it gets a launch down the street lol later on I can get some long travel rears with coil and rebound adjustment just working with what I have for the time being .I've been told they are jag rear adjustables by someone who saw the pics least I know what they are now I've searched girling and the part number but don't come up with much but motorbike stuff lol they have quite stiff compression and rebound and feel like new still gassed up so should work ok with a softer spring at my weight
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

And now it holds its own weight just cause come on can't race it with 1 inch box and drill bits holding them in lol but it's holding the weight and I can push it down with both in there can't tell how good they will be yet as the motors out and its on axle stands under the front swaybar right at the very front of the chassis but I have plenty of adjustment to raise the rear its set as low as it can go
20180813_145258.jpg
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

looking good, just need some proper bolts now hehe!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Haha yeah .that's the rear on hold till the firewall and tunnel is done and motor back in so I can sit it back on the ground and get all the heights setup and work out exactly where my spring mounts are going.my shed floor isn't level or smooth so it's a bit hard to set it up all perfectly level to measure anything to the ground or with a spirit level don't want to mount all the suspension and find its way to high off the ground and all my bar angles are jacked lol
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Post by oldn64 »

delcowizzid wrote:Haha yeah .that's the rear on hold till the firewall and tunnel is done and motor back in so I can sit it back on the ground and get all the heights setup and work out exactly where my spring mounts are going.my shed floor isn't level or smooth so it's a bit hard to set it up all perfectly level to measure anything to the ground or with a spirit level don't want to mount all the suspension and find its way to high off the ground and all my bar angles are jacked lol
Shed being non level is not a huge issue there Delco. You can use a tube with water in it to elevate the car on a platform which will then get you a level reference with regards to tire onto the platform. Then just use a string line leveled around the car (like you would for a wheel alignment) and you now have two proper reference points which you now can set the car up with. It is sort of like a welding table, while nice and versatile using the three (tripod) setup for welding two members together you can have it level every time and square without the need of fancy tooling. It is amazing to watch peoples reactions when I do this when building trailers, that they stare in amazement to find that things are actually 100% level straight and square when I have finished and build it on my shed floor (also not level).

Looking great though. I use otomoto springs for building my coilovers, this might be a good option for you once you have worked out exactly what you need. While $18 is cheap and awesome, there might be the need to spend some coin at one point to get it right.

cheers
oldn64
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

It will get 2 way adjustables later before I go trying to stick 500rwhp to the track lol
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

First caliper bracket drilled and tapped nearly ready to bolt on and Mark out the holes for the 2 caliper bolts just have to cut the 10mm spacer and do some final clearencing of the pad cutout so the caliper can go in another 5mm
20180828_223950.jpg
20180827_153550.jpg
20180827_153538.jpg