DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Holden202T

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by Holden202T »

do yourself a favour and get the die grinder in around the valve stems, will make another 10% :D
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

once vnracer gets done with my set of heads we may get him to rip us out another full on set of heads for the vb look for gains of 30-60 hp with a good tickle up with boost :D now we are cooking :mrgreen: .to many more bolt ons and we gonna need forged bottom end to keep them all in one peice first to brake one gets a ride home on a trailer
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

geez, tempting prize that one :D
VNracer34G
cars: VN V6 Production Saloon

Post by VNracer34G »

delcowizzid wrote:once vnracer gets done with my set of heads we may get him to rip us out another full on set of heads for the vb
Sheesh maate, yours are progressing as well as two other pairs + a ministock motor i'm doing the works on. This year i DON"T wanna chuck in the day job but i'm keen to keep doing these things - i've got setup to reduce mess and breathing in as much crap doing the things now - just need to keep stocked up on bourbons to keep me going :lol:
Build it, Race it, Break/Bend it ; Repeat.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

hehe im in no rush mate i might get round to replaceing my plugs one day been meaning to do it for oh 3000km or so LOL no time to work on my own car.just fired the vb up and did a day of tuning man the cam threw the tune so far out its not funny
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah its amazing how sensitive the low rpm area of a tune is to cam changes!

question: is your car missing ? if not why bother changing the plugs or leads :P
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

hehe started car idling so rich we smoked out the garage 10:1 idle ratio.went cruising after an hour of holden202 style dyno runs to get it to run semi decient comes on boost easier now but man its a dog under 2000rpm maybe they took our comments on it being a drag/burnout car too serious LOL hopefully after tomorrow we will be all go full boosting 14psi again
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

more timing down low doesn't help at all ?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

not too much no idling at 20 +deg 50kpa 800 rpm idles quite flat sounds nice but on the street shes a bit bunny hoppy can feel all the driveline slap at light throttle low rpm cruise like its needing to be a gear lower so its higher in the revs doesnt like 1500rpm cruising was getting better as we tuned just taking a lot of time.think the o2 may have got cooked at the burnouts new one going in tomorrow and a new coil pack just cause we can its allways cruised like its on 5 but as soon as you touch the gas it goes 6 and hauls arse dunno if its the plenum area from the big elbow for the tb or what never did it before we turboed it might run the map hose clower to the manifold instead of way away on the TB
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yeah ive found that recently with these big v8 cams ive been tuning that if your fuel map is even a little bit out and spark not quite right, it'll start "camming" at low speed low rpm's can hear all the drive line slack chink chink chink lol. time to change down a gear haha.

also know what you mean about fuelling being real senstive to changes, no 2 cars the same fuelling even if the difference between the 2 engines are small.