DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
delcowizzid

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

anyone got a spare T5 3/4 shift fork for sale we just broke another one :mrgreen:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

T5's are too weak!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

the box itself has proved plenty strong just the shiftfork is like cheese LOL looking at a steel replacement jobby and some new syncros should fix it
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

As the synchro ring wears, the gears can be over shifted. What you need to do in the future is mount an adjustable stop so you can't push the shifter too far.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

we have a shifter with adjustable stops but the stops dont work for both 1-2 and 3-4 selection can set it to hit the stop in one gear but wont get into the next 2 LOL cheap shit needs and adjuster for both gates.think its more the syncro catching on everything not letting it go into gear more than over shifting as we were still in neutral after the shift that smashed it.new syncros and fork on the way
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

well i pulled finger today and plugged the pc into the car for the first time in ages to see what was wrong with it after its been playing up and the wideband pegged 10.9:1 everywhere i go turns out narrowband o2 sensor is dead pegs itself at low voltage and stays there turbed off closed loop and cruised round tonight all good running like a dream upped the boost a bit too :mrgreen:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

got a new toy last week was so cheap i had to get one. china special egt gauge and sender was like $20US or aud posted http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Universa ... ccessories need to get it installed but have bench tested it and seems to work :mrgreen:
egt gauge.jpg
egt gauge.jpg (50.56 KiB) Viewed 6638 times
VNracer34G
cars: VN V6 Production Saloon

Post by VNracer34G »

so when you getting the other five???? hahahaha
Build it, Race it, Break/Bend it ; Repeat.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

hes installing it after the turbo to see if he can melt the end off the probe :P
VNracer34G
cars: VN V6 Production Saloon

Post by VNracer34G »

Holden202 wrote:hes installing it after the turbo to see if he can melt the end off the probe :P
best i hurry up and finish his heads for him to make sure of it ;)
Build it, Race it, Break/Bend it ; Repeat.