DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by oldn64 »

Hello Delco,

Please do not take this as being picky.

From an engineering stand point the inner corners of the caliper bracket should really ha a radius to them. Currently you have introduced a very large stress concentrater and this has resulted in a weaker design. If you radius the bracket in the middle rather than a rectangle then this will be a far stronger and better designed part. If you are worried about weight put some lighting holes in it. :thumbup:

Looking good though!

cheers
oldn64
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Not finished yet lol
20180829_135007.jpg
20180829_162519.jpg
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

In all reality the bottom of the strut will snap off before my bracket will break lol its 18mm thick at the attachment point .they are heavy lol might get some pressed out of a single price of 10mm later but they will get it stopping for now
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
oldn64

Post by oldn64 »

delcowizzid wrote:In all reality the bottom of the strut will snap off before my bracket will break lol its 18mm thick at the attachment point .they are heavy lol might get some pressed out of a single price of 10mm later but they will get it stopping for now
I hear what you say, the strut will probably bend not break but if the below either yellow or the simpler blue line was done the problem would not exist. Currently the stress concentrators will follow the red lines to the bolt holes and fail in this way so keep an eye on them. I know this is not going to instantly happen and it will be a progressive fail, but it is always the most sinking feeling (excuse the pun) when the brake pedal just goes to the floor without changing any attitude of the car.

And no you cannot just weld the corners shut this will not properly fix the issue. But as you state it will get it stopping for now. :thumbup:
Delcobraket.jpg
Delcobraket.jpg (420.77 KiB) Viewed 3663 times
I know it looks pox, it is what i could manage with paint and 3 minutes of my time :P

cheers
oldn64
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

For those that don't have Facebook lol time to do a vc v8 turbo
Painted up as an old nz ministry of transport car (traffic cops)
20181005_134949.jpg
20181005_135008.jpg
oldn64

Post by oldn64 »

delcowizzid wrote:For those that don't have Facebook lol time to do a vc v8 turbo
Painted up as an old nz ministry of transport car (traffic cops)
love the photorealistic flames they have been done well.... However, not only are the flames backwards on the injector covers but arent the cover on the wrong side as well?? Been way too long since I looked at one :( (even though I have 4 in the shed LOL.

cheers
oldn64
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yeah the guy that was piecing it together put them on the wrong sides lol I just started on it 2 days ago mad rush to get it done ready to race in under 8 weeks including engineered and on the road legal
oldn64

Post by oldn64 »

delcowizzid wrote:Yeah the guy that was piecing it together put them on the wrong sides lol I just started on it 2 days ago mad rush to get it done ready to race in under 8 weeks including engineered and on the road legal
Need to make sure you get a radiator to support panel plastic then. Without this expect interesting heating issues :thumbdown:

Dont ask how I know. The other hand one whihc I know was on the vl but not sure about the vn is the under tray dam. There is a plastic that is a little similar to an xu1 airdam, whihc also helps push air through the radiator. BUT yes looks bloody good.

cheers
oldn64
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Man, where are you finding these nice early girl commodores?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

It was rough but the owner is a panel beater so nothing is too bad for him lol