355 with high rise manifold

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

355 with high rise manifold

Post by pman92 »

Hey guys
My brothers 355 stroker is almost ready to put in his HQ one Tonner and start organise the wiring.
Looking to run $12P on an '808.

2 questions at this stage:

Injectors. Being a 355 with a decent size cam I'm guessing standard VS V8 injectors may not be suitable. I have 2 sets of VT V6 EV6 injectors, I know these have a better spray pattern but do they flow more as well? If not then what would people recommend as an easy to find suitable injector?

High rise manifold. Seeing as it's got a completely different intake with the MAT sensor mounted on top of the manifold behind the throttle body, I'm guessing the tune will need a lot of work in terms of coolant contribution etc. Does anyone have a 355 with a similar manifold I could use as a starting point?

Thanks in advance
IMG_8725.JPG
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: 355 with high rise manifold

Post by Dylan »

I have one in the 12P custom tune thread VK355 have a look there at both coolant contribution and charge temp table. Its very consistent at all temps and weather. It runs a COME TTB intake.
I also recently tuned a 304 with a torque power and a 284 cam and it had some changes on both tables. It takes time the coolant contribution table is very sensitive small changes is the trick. It'll take lots of logs and back and forwards to get it right but well worth it.

What size cam is in it? Would you be interested in moving the sensor to an intake runner like factory?
pman92
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

Thanks Dylan. I'll have a look when I get a chance.

Yeah I think we will move the sensor to one of the rear runners. I think the tapped hole I saw was actually for the brake booster.

Is there any trick to where to put them?
Should it be the same distance from the port as factory or as far down the runner as possible?
MrModule.com.au
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I'd just mimic that one, most of them have a thread for them or a blank casting at least to drill.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You'll probably want something like 36lb l67 injectors
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
gtrboyy
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores

Post by gtrboyy »

^^^ Supecharged v6 injectors would be good starting point.

Depends on how much compression & size of cam it's got in it...is that t/p copy manifold?
pman92
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

I've got him to organise some V6 supercharged injectors (0 280 155 868)

Yeah it's a Chinese copy intake manifold
I'm not actually able to go have a look right now, but I can't remember seeing a spot for the intake temp sensor.
MrModule.com.au
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Off topic sorry, how do you find that engine stand in the first post? im looking to buy a couple of them, they appear to be fairly sturdy. Mechpro brand?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
gtrboyy
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores

Post by gtrboyy »

That's cos only threaded hole in rear of manifold is for booster...blokes on here can tell you which may work better tapping rear runner or base of aircleaner.

If you can be bothered put in 2 good sized breather lines in manifold & bridge rear blocked waterway passages...it gets rid of air pockets & hot spots that happens in rear of heads also evens out temperature difference that can occur.
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

I would say the 868 L67s are spot on. I have a set in my 355 combo and it's more than happy. Better spray patterns etc, but make sure they are clipped in as I had one leak as the factory clips need another groove added to make them secure. Note the factory Holden V8 type reg is lower than than that of the 3.5bar L67 setup I believe. Needs to be factored in when doing Kinj etc