Intake

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
delcowizzid

Re: Intake

Post by delcowizzid »

Plugs different colour from front all the way to the back not great for max hp having to run some cylinders dog rich to make up for the lean ones.the v6 version was dynoed by a few people lost midrange torque gained nothing over stock up top lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah lots of people didn't get good results with the V6 one, all dyno results I saw were on stock or some engine with basics like rockers and extractors. None were on serious race engines which I expect there to be some decent gains. Also as mentioned the LIM is also a big choke as we had HSD comment on how shit they are and when given the US bananas they were shocked how much better they flowed, so much they didn't even bother doing any work on them as they out flowed fully ported aussie manifold by a very significant margin. 400+ NA anyway so they met our requirements.

I did a measurement of a stock plenum TB neck, lol 64mm x 49mm oval haha. Shithouse is an understatement. Being oval might be the main problem actually :think:

G got the come V6 plenum as we believe with custom LIM and some machining to the openings in the plenum to form some proper bell mouths, plus dual TB ram tubes instead of that crappy adapter should yield one hell of an intake.

Part of the plan is also to delete the injectors bosses to get a better runner to head profile and thus must use L67 heads. That's the plan anyway.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

There is an interesting article in the latest NZ Performance Car magazine about how the cold air intake design effects the torque/power curves. Testing was done on a Honda engine but no doubt the principles are the same. Various intakes in diameter and length as well as one with a resonance chamber and another fancy one that got bigger from the filter neck and then tapered down again into the TB. Interestingly enough the best one ended up been a short 3.5" diameter intake.
gtrboyy
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores

Post by gtrboyy »

Yeah these suit strokers better due to their volume also great for forced induction.

As said before in n/a front & rear cylinders get different amounts of flow which can be helped by fitting a splitter underneath top plate in shape of large toblerone...early brock manifolds did similar thing with those distribution cones when you looked through top of manifold.