Intake

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Intake

Post by HQ355 »

Scored this the other day for the HQ, there getting nearly as hard to find as the group A ones without paying stupid $$
Attachments
D2562992-276C-4B70-BCCA-F49552E9231D.jpeg
The1

Re: Intake

Post by The1 »

Yeh some pubs and clubs are rediculously priced nowdays, congrats.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

That's illegal reference there HQ, That could be a shot glass of your home brew as far as I can tell... I'm pretty sure all reference must be a commercial type unit... :D
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ahahahaa :)

nice score on the intake!
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

I'll be interested to see your feedback once you install and tune it. They certainly look nice...
HQ355

Post by HQ355 »

Biggvl wrote:That's illegal reference there HQ, That could be a shot glass of your home brew as far as I can tell... I'm pretty sure all reference must be a commercial type unit... :D
Guess who’s getting shot glasses next time he’s over :lol:
HQ355

Post by HQ355 »

immortality wrote:I'll be interested to see your feedback once you install and tune it. They certainly look nice...
Me too, hope it’s not a waste of money lol, hard to get now as well
immortality

Post by immortality »

They have a bad rep, particularly around air distribution when using the forward facing TB. I'll be keen to see how you go as I will have a very mild 355 to tune sometime in the future with the exact same intake.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I don't know where this bad red comes from as I haven't seen any data logs with 8 WB sensors to suggest they have poor distribution. I havn't even seen dyno results in general.

Sounds like typical JC forum bs like every other expensive manifold that none of them can afford and end up bagging out for sake of bagging out.

Only issue I see with the COME manifolds is the style of adapter they make for the TB, there would likely be some turbulence in front of the TB, the COME v6 one looks like it would choke, V8 one looks ok but not great.

Ideally they need dual intake tubes and dual outlet air filer to suit or 2 separate air filters. This is something I plan to test on the dyno and will be easy to do so.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Nahh, nothing to do with JC, what I've heard has been feedback from very reputable engine builders.