Dusto's Tonner

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
delcowizzid

Re: Dusto's Tonner

Post by delcowizzid »

A guy in Aussie sells those manifolds too used to be heaps on eBay.0.63 probably be ok in a single entry housing our dual entry 0.84 supposedly flows similar to a 63 cause the a/r doesn't take the devider into account we are currently trying to sorce a 1.06 for more flow up top
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
L67PSI
cars: L67 VT Calais

Post by L67PSI »

.63ar exhaust will be on boost real quick, but probably suffer top end.

Here are some other .82 gt35 options.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GT35-GT3582 ... Swxp9W4UGs

or gtx style

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GTX3582-Tur ... SwBPNXR9FA

1.06ar exhaust
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GT3582-Com- ... Sw5TlZkUXJ
dusto
cars: VE Maloo GXP
VY Tonner L67
Captiva
SV1000s
ER6-Race bike

Post by dusto »

does HPC coating make a huge difference? or does wrapping work just as good?

any ideas when a 1.06 AR one would be coming on boost?
when you getting yours spooled up by delco?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Well either or, HPC just allows the header to look nice without covering it all up in ugly fireplace door seal as I see it.

The ceramic coating really reduces emissive heat and as its also done inside it also helps retain the heat in the gas (good for better spooling) and help prevent it getting into the metal in the first place. wrapping it pretty much is a like a hot box, keeps the heat in but really roasts the headers good.

Coating is obviously much more expensive too. Probably about 300-350 bucks for the lot to do your header and cross over, stock manifold
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
dusto
VY Tonner L67
Captiva
SV1000s
ER6-Race bike

Post by dusto »

did not realize the did the inside of the manifolds, something to think about i guess not on my list of priorities

the GTX35 that L67psi linked looks like it could be a good choice,
the only issue i have with these cheap as turbos, none of the pictures show any indication of a balance?
dusto
VY Tonner L67
Captiva
SV1000s
ER6-Race bike

Post by dusto »

Ok so back to the intake manifold, is there anything wrong with the plastic intake, ie cant handle boost that i should be worried about? zzp do a repo one they claim fixs the problems with warping etc, there so much cheaper and easy to find
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I'd go the aluminum one. Its that its much stiffer and therefore won't flex under boost which can allow the edges to leak past the seals.

I saw a NOS one or 2 upper cover in aluminium with included runner insert for 100 bucks on ebay, used ones for about 40 but no runner insert. You then just need the LIM and seal plate and good to go. I don't think you'll be disappointed with it, seen plenty of FWD cars pulling 500 wheel HP on about 20 psi with the engine also worked in the states using their stock manifolds.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
dusto
VY Tonner L67
Captiva
SV1000s
ER6-Race bike

Post by dusto »

got an alloy upper on the way, just need to sort the lower one now,

http://www.easyperformance.com/support/ ... rt-testing

maybe get this for the inserts?

cant find any cheap lowers there all over 200

i love this manifold, looks like it will flow heaps and is different, probably get the buick engine cover for it just to really confuse the experts
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

If you're going blown there really isn't any need for the insert as the turbo will solve the flow issues at high rpm.
dusto
VY Tonner L67
Captiva
SV1000s
ER6-Race bike

Post by dusto »

im not sure about that, if its a restriction under vacuum it still going to be a restriction under boost? like cams and head work on a turbo car??