VP V6 Calais

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Comcal76

Re: VP V6 Calais

Post by Comcal76 »

Took the car out for the first time today car feels really good on acceleration/cruise and on a little boost, have a few minor issues to sort out like the brake fluid leaking out of the master cylinder cap don't know why never did before, and the v band leaking so going to get a new one and some adjustment for the fanny fart valve (bov).
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Good stuff lots of fun to drive
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

delcowizzid wrote:Good stuff lots of fun to drive
Hell yeah but nerve racking at the same time.
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

Just a update replaced the rubber and cap on the brake fluid reservoir and no longer leaks, fixed the turbo v band leak by cutting down a 2 1/2 inch flange gasket and sticking it between the turbo and dump pipe with some sealer.

So I was out driving around Saturday hitting high boost 6psi haha car was running like a dream, so I pulled over for a while after a hour had past I started driving again got to a set of light's and the car stalled so I restarted it and put it back into drive stalled straight away, so in order to get home I had to keep sliding into neutral at light and intersections or it would stall I've checked for fault codes and there isn't any I will check the IAC solenoid tomorrow.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Check for desired idle RPM readings at that point. For auto it should be about 800 or so.

My manual VR was doing a similar thing, stalling when coming to a stop when going in N or clutch in. I found the stock 30 or so IAC steps to be too high, so I run it around 10-20 with the throttle stop screw set so the throttle is a little more open, now it is happy and has enough air flow to allow the IAC to transition from drive to idle without over reacting and choking itself.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

Thanks Vlad :thumbup:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Check the fuel pressure reg hasn't split the diaphragm and leaking fuel into the vac line
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

I checked the vacuum line to fuel pressure regulator while it was running and no fuel in there, Removed the throttle body to replace the IAC and i check to see if it was working with the ignition on it does nothing so I put another one on same thing.

On Sunday I took the throttle body off and cleaned it and after running the car for 20 minutes today this is what was on the throttle body

Is that normal

Thanks
Last edited by Comcal76 on Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

You need it in diagnostic mode for the IAC to be running with ignition on. Just don't remove the IAC or it will eject the plunger out at this stage. You should hear and feel it buzzing in diag but best to unplug the fan as it will be too loud to hear the IAC over it.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

I forgot to put in diagnostic mode when testing :wall: it's working thanks Vlad :)