VP V6 Calais

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Comcal76

Re: VP V6 Calais

Post by Comcal76 »

psyolent wrote:man you have to have a level of commitment and clear head to rebuild an auto good work mate.
Thanks mate :thumbup:
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

Transmission is in and it works :P I took it for a test drive with a pressure gauge connected and the pressures are in spec, it shifts nice and firm through the gears I didn't drive for to long because my new temperature sender is faulty so have to wait for a new one to arrive.
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

I noticed my strut mounts were starting to bulge out so I pulled them out and they are cracked, I'm not surprised they are nolathane after all :lol:
IMG_20190426_121645.jpg
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Yep, both on my old VH did the same thing.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yep, nolathane for ya.

So shit you need to weld their bushes into the control arms :lol:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

Spent a couple of hours driving around today testing the transmission and it shifts perfectly, transmission temperature is running between 80 to 90 degrees with some hard pulls, damn I have missed driving this car :turbo:
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

Update

Got sick of smelling the oil fumes from the catch can so I did a plumb back setup using two catch cans, i no longer have the oil smell and it's not sucking oil into the intake :D

Boosting at 14psi for the time being but will turn it up more soon.

Currently sourcing exhaust parts at the moment I already have a 3 inch straight through muffler and hotdog, just got to work out how much pipe and what angle bends I still need to get.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Buy 2 ubends that will do the diff from in front of the diff back 3 should do the hole car or I buy 1 ubend for over the diff and then donuts for the rest are normally the most cost effective way to buy bends
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

The Calais is fitted with irs, got under the car today the exhaust has five 45° bends and about 1 metre of pipe so I will order it tomorrow.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Looking forward to seeing the results.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.