Ants SR20DET '75 Gemini track car

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Holden202T

Re: Ants SR20DET '75 Gemini track car

Post by Holden202T »

i have been following the track progress, was figuring you'd be out there sooner or later!!

good to see you flogging the old girl around again!
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Been to have a look @ The Bend last year while they were building it. Pretty impressed that "sand pit" is now an F1 standard track.

Looks like the Gem got some fun laps in mate! :D
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Lots of grunt when the boost comes on. What tyres are you running and have you setup the wheel alignment for track.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

15" 205 Nitto NT01s all around, and wheels/brakes are a commodore conversion kit, gemini RTS sway bars both ends, and adjustable pan-hard and king sprins. Castor/camber is so. I think adding some would improve the handling quite a bit - as well as adding some aero, but fabrication is not my area and Im worried about the quality of something completely custom if I do it myself. Its a pitty there are not gemini kits for that sort of stuff, an off the shelf solution would be great. Im also building up a gemi coupe with a turbo G200W twincam engine at the moment, so maybe once that car is done I'll get back to this one.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I see the Nitto has a treadwear index of 100 so probably can't get much better than that without going to full slicks. A good race setup wheel alignment is always a good option. Those G200 turbo boy have I seem some big power made from those engines considering how old and basic they are they can really put out the numbers.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

We fitted adjustable upper balljoints to our customers Gemini sports sedan to get the required caster setting, handles like a dream. Also equal length rear control arms to control pinion angle help make the rear stick, unless you're still running the torque tube???
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Adjustable upper ball joints sounds very interesting.... But at the rear, yes still stock torque tube, just solid sickaflex instead of the rubber.

I purchased some slotted fiero ones from the states a few years back but looking at them they would provide bugger all and there is nothing to really lock them in position so ive not put them on the car. Ive heard of people slotting the mounting points too, but that also makes me nervous.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I'll grab some pics next time its on the hoist.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...