cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Gregs Boostadore

Post by psyolent »

....well we all adore boost.
Theres a fleet thread somewhere but a couple of you suggested it was time for a build thread, so, watch this space. I took my track hack and applied a turbo to it. Its been a WIP but I'll break it down into sections. Got alot of inspiration from mates and those crazies at Nugget Garage with Kevin.

....I contacted a dude off Stalkbook (shout out to Tony'z Turbo Garage) after I found him on Stalkbook - based on this concept.

....I already had my China turbo

So just asked for the Inlet manifold (delete EGR, reverse TB and block PCV) so this got made along with the crossover from the drivers side (not shown)

EDIT : cool guess S3 bucket is working now hence pics above and below. good old bucket policies.

so then in parallel / serial came the collection of things to make this deal work, ie:
- ally bung -10 for sump
- new fuel filter
- 42lb XR6T injectors
- T piece for the oil feed thanks G sack
- jb weld to put the -10 bung in the sump coz not fucking taking that shit out until it blows up
- rocker cover -10 breathers also jb welded into the rocket cover boxes (yes i mis-spelled rocket because hektik bra)
- feed and return lines.
- head stud kit for the ecomong v6
- turbosmart BOV plumb back (because i am old, not real interested in whooshka or zu tu tu compressor surge)
- intake manifold gaskets for inlet manifold
- o2 weld on bungs for exhaust
- 90 degree -4 elbow
- too many silicon fucking joiners fuck those cunts are expensive
- 2.5" generic intercooler pipes. i already had a 450x300 cooler i bought a miilion years ago which i managed to get off my ex. thanks T sack for fixing my welder and sorting that out
- 3" generic mild steel mandrel bends to make an exhaust
- pod filter (already had)
- VS fuel rail (thanks G sack)

theres probably more shit i've forgotten because i'm turning into a geriatric old cunt who forgets everything, but meh, you get the idea.
Last edited by psyolent on Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Re: Gregs Boostadore

Post by psyolent »

so we start about here. valley gaskets because mud in the radiator per usual. simple job. except for that fucking O ring that goes on the heater line back into the valley.

then i put it all back together and found that i had fucked the fuel rail. the VT is steel moulded shite, and, i ended up with an injector leaking continually. VS fuel rails fit the eco fine, so, on they went thanks G sack. i put stock injectors in there to make sure that it still worked and i didn't fuck it up - all good

was then time for a hole in the sump for the return line.
got my nice 13mm drill bit and made this (yeah i know it looks like its about 2mm)

was no way i was taking the engine out / dropping the k frame to do the sump as i dont have many of my tools any more ; so this happened. JB weld for the win. this shit is mint.

about here i mounted the manifolds and turbski and the reverse plenum.

then went the return

and feed

and add breathers to the rocket covers

then it was time to munt the intercooler. its a smol boi at 450x300 but taught my son Ryan how to make brackets and grind.

then came the intercooler pipes. i used blue tape to 'weld' them together and get the angles right, i failed maths so this shit for me is uber hard. note if the tape was flex tape welding would not be required. #becauseflextape #flexseal

welding time. i have a MIG only. it is old. like me. T sack came over because he can MIG vs me who creates bird shit. it took us half a day to sort out my welder with the feed keeping jamming up but, got some good beads down and i ground them up so they look nice.

mount all that shit up, the other side to the inlet manifold is TIGHTer than, well you know what. plus i now own all the silicon pipes in Australia.

and per yesterday i got to about here.....with a successful start. i was shitting myself because i ran it at first with no oil return hooked up so i could see the oil, basically, return, and, it didnt. took the T piece apart off the pump, oil was there, checked line for blockages, all good. with cranking pressure the oil would only just get in the line! so primed the feed on the turbo with oil, and started it and let it run a bit longer. to which it then came through fine. alot of fuss about nothing just my lack of skills and experience shining through - thanks to the T, G and V sack for chiming in.

was kinda funny as when i pulled the fuel pump fuse, i figured it wouldnt go. fuel was still pressurized in the rail, minute i turned the key it went! even with the 42lb injectors and stock ecotec map at this stage as well! i havent changed the injector size (yet) still got some things to do like

- dump pipe and exhaust
- wideband
- cat
- whatever else i have forgotten
- and for the guys replacement 4L60E x 100
Last edited by psyolent on Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

reserved
Cheers,

psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

reserved
Cheers,

psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

reserved
Cheers,

Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Bout' time :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

like i mentioned thought everyone would have been sick of boosted commodores ; everyones had a crack.
Cheers,

psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

OK so more real time updates - but my wideband OS2 sensor just came in the mail. Dunno about everyone else but the mail seems to be working AOK for me down here in the Corona Capital of the Universe.

the brown box has a gauge in there for WB OS2 reading.
Cheers,

immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Nice.
The1

Post by The1 »

nice work mate, yeh hoses and rubber bits arn't $10 anymore :thumbdown:

What ecu you going to use?