Project Rescue

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: Project Rescue

Post by immortality »

So it's been an interesting few days. Last week I was looking forward to Easter Weekend, it was my next 8 day break at work and I was going to visit my old man for his 70th birthday and also spend a little bit of time touring around the lower end of the North island, all up about 2000km round trip.

Than life changed on Monday afternoon when the site production manager handed me a stack of letters ,asked me to hand them out not long before he left for the day. Letter was inviting all staff to attend a meeting the following day at 2pm regarding the future of the business.

Last night I cleaned out my lockers at work and clocked out for the last time as will approx 150 people I used to work with over the next few days. The business is closing the heat set printing division and all the associated departments. I have worked at that company since I was still at school, doing holidays and weekends, I have come and gone a few times but between my father and I we have over 40 years at the company.

Sometimes life sucks.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

man thats fucked! hopefully you can find something soon!
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Yeah mate, it is fucked big time.

The union has arranged a mini job expo on site next Tuesday as a lot of local employers are looking for staff in all sorts of area's ( fork hoist drivers, machine operators, printers for packaging manufacturers etc) and have been contacting the union and my former employer since the news broke on Tuesday this week.

I'm not sure if I want to step straight into something else, I think a short time off to decompress and gather my thoughts before I step into something else is required. Also not sure I want to do shift work anymore or work in a factory. I need something that is more conducive to a healthy life style and work/life balance.

I'm actually considering going truck driving for a bit, preferably long haul. Get out on the road, out of the city and eat up the miles.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

As long as you are healthy and willing/can work, work will come your way.

I have the opposite problem, heaps of work available and my employer is keen as to get me working more but my health is still limiting me to 1 day a week atm and I didn't work for 3 months from November and had no income support at all. Hopefully by the end of the month I can step up to 2 days with rest days in between.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Sorry to hear that, it's an unfortunate situation, I have been on both sides, it's painful!

However, I do 100% fully agree with,
vlad01 wrote:As long as you are healthy and willing/can work, work will come your way.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Owned some trucks at one point in time, at first we hauled explosives for the USGov't all over the country, got tired of the BS and started running steel between the San Fransisco Bay area and the Los Angels basin ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!