Project Rescue

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
delcowizzid

Re: Project Rescue

Post by delcowizzid »

You putting the valve back in that just let's it all bypass going through the filter haha
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Those PS pumps always leak from the back spring loaded plate. In the heyday I reconditioned these pumps and eventually found you only needed to replace the large O ring in the kit.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

delcowizzid wrote:You putting the valve back in that just let's it all bypass going through the filter haha
Does the stock V6 filter have it's own internal bypass valve?
Charlescrown wrote:Those PS pumps always leak from the back spring loaded plate. In the heyday I reconditioned these pumps and eventually found you only needed to replace the large O ring in the kit.
Yeah, I think I've replaced that one on a few pumps.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

No relief valve in a z154
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
immortality

Post by immortality »

Haven't made much progress. Been a bit in the dumps of late. Been binging Netflix etc. My welding trolley came in and put it together in between showers. Ready for exhaust upgrades.
0-02-07-f39e3dec1a578fd1a7288e4748cc633d97f59ac953fb8712b988ead8c1f3d5ba_54e6474b61ac588e.jpg
delcowizzid wrote:No relief valve in a z154
Cheers. never bothered to look TBH. Best leave the bypass valve in the housing for now.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Lockdown got you down or the dumb bitch in charge haha
immortality

Post by immortality »

The lockdown. Peeps are breaking the rules. If they had held on another week when we went to level 3 it would have been fine but to many idiots just going our and doing as they like.

I'm 99.9% certain they relaxed the rules and went to level 3 to try and keep some control and the change this week again because people are already doing more than what the government is putting in place. I can only see case numbers going up from here on.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yep slow release of an out of control spread be everywhere soon hopefully she doesn't panic and have to lock the whole country down again if it let's rip hard
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

We just set the world record for the most lockdownd city ☹️
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
immortality

Post by immortality »

It sucks doesn't it.

I'm about to do some fire therapy. Gonna fire up pizza oven and do a slow cooked pulled port for tonight's dinner.