1934 Chevrolet Tudor

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here

1934 Chevrolet Tudor

Postby 34EV1L » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:13 pm

Hi Everyone!

Recently joined up and doing a heap of reading. I own a 34 Chev Street Rod built about 2009. I didn't do the build but from what I can work out, has the following gear installed:
- Ecotec V6 from a VX Commodre
- 808 ECM with stock memcal (from VN)
- T700 4L60 with shift kit (from VN)
- Air Con (from VN)
- VS Drivers side manifold
- VN Passenger side manifold
- VN MAT Sensor
- VX Coolant Temp Sensor - possibly disconnected and a separate temp sensor in the radiator controls the thermo fan

I'm not 100% sure as this is my first non V8 and non carb toy. I'll add some phots below so feel free to correct me if i'm wrong of if there are any other critical items I need to identify before planning the NVRAM install and tune.

The rig currently runs very smooth and reliable but does use a ton of fuel and pings pretty bad under hard accelleration and big hills so assuming it could be too much timing in the stock VN tune.

My aim isn't to break speed records or big HP. Just want it running efficiently as it can while staying 100% reliable.

Looking forward to picking some brains and learning some new skills.

Cheers,
Mark

Re: 1934 Chevrolet Tudor

Postby Holden202T » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:31 pm

firstly, nice looking rod! its rare to see anything other than a V8 in these things!

ok a few things.....

* the VN tune will not work real well on the ecotec, im just trying to remember, but from memory it had too much timing down low and not enough fuel up high. There is a tune i made in the custom tunes section for an ecotec running on a VN computer.
* the coolant sensor is the ecotec unit (4th picture you posted above) you need to replace it with a VN-VR sensor and plug, that wont be helping the running either.

if your planning an NVRAM install then i'd suggest starting with the tune i mentioned in it as a starting point!

Return to Members Rides