vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: 1934 Chevrolet Tudor

Post by vlad01 »

I would have the old memcal attached as the netres chips (resistor network) is the analog based basic calibration that provides the limp mode. The jumpers on the memcal I am sure are only there to tell the 12P on the NVRAM what the engine cylinder count is if I recall correctly and not limp mode.

This saved my bacon once when my NVRAM corrupted away from home. Car ran like shit but was drivable.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
34EV1L
cars: 1934 Chev Tudor Street Rod - with Ecotec!!

Post by 34EV1L »

Awesome, thanks Vlad!

I've added the memcal and moved the jumper from J to M.

Hope to have it all installed and running this week.
34EV1L

Post by 34EV1L »

So here is where the really stupid questions start.. Everything installed and car starts and runs - haven't left the garage yet. Write jumper not installed on the NVRAM so I can't erase anything :mrgreen:

Have read and re-read every guide 5 times.

Tunerpro RT and its seeing the hardware OSE12 Pro 1.12.

I go to load an ADX file and only see 1227165_6E. If I select this, I get DA connecting for a minute and then not connected.

Went back and downloaded the VN/VP ADX file and it is a 1277808.ads not .adx - So I did an Import from ADS and get instant connection with 9.85-11.50Hz and 0 errors.

Brought up the RPM and the value is 34304 so I know I've screwed up somewhere here.

When I go to close Tunerpro is says Aquisition Definition Modified, Save? I've saved this as a new .adx file and shut down. Reopen Tunerpro RT and all connects straight away but still showing 34304RPM on the dash.

Any any advice appreciated and feel free to roast me for failing the first most basic task.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

You want to use the 12P ADX and XDF, the OSE plugin and that dll file that is all included in the 12P zip package from this forum.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Correct, XDF / ADX / BIN (on the NVRAM) all go together. Never mix and match different operating systems or versions, its dangerous. The current 12P zip you would have is operating system 12P v1.1.2 and the correct and matching files are included.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
34EV1L

Post by 34EV1L »

Thanks so much guys. Don't know how I missed that step. It was even sitting in my download folder.

Working beautifully showing accurate data now. I'm going to take her on a few runs over the weekend and report back.
34EV1L

Post by 34EV1L »

Been out driving over the weekend and the pinging has gone so success there. Power feels about the same.

I am having issues with stalling and hesitating on take off - or anytime I reapply throttle from low revs or idle. Also when changing in and out of drive/reverse.

It feels like the idle is a little low but didnt't want to make any adjustements without someone checking my logs to make sure there is nothing else sinister there. Also having to crank the engine over a few times from cold to get her running first up.

The first log was from 80 degrees coolant getting out of my town - very stop start and low speed. Eventially hit an open road at the end and gave it wot up a hill to 60mph right at the end (1600 on the engine runtime clock).
20220320-34ev1l-log-1.xdl
(1007.6 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Second log is a short one coming home through the maze of roundabouts leading to my house to show the hesitiations.
20220320-34ev1l-log-2.xdl
(281.35 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
A/C was off the entire time and single thermo ran as it should didn't seem to effect the running at all (not switched off the ECM but off a sensor in the radiator).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Have you got a wideband hooked up?
34EV1L

Post by 34EV1L »

vlad01 wrote:Have you got a wideband hooked up?
I believe I only have a standard VP o2 sensor on the drivers side. Is this a big issue?

Now with pic:

vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I would get a wideband and connect it up to the ECU. I can't recall which pin on the ECU but the text document for 12P in the included zip file. It has the 12P and standard pinouts, including the wideband input.

I think Gareth might sell the wideband kits. There is some calibration to do with the 0V and 5V values but lets look at that when you get one.

Once you have it, you can log the car and use the CalcVE histogram in the monitor panel of TunerPro and play the log file, it will generate the new VE cell values from the wideband data and old VE data that you can copy over and replace the old VE table values. Then you repete that as many times as needed to refine the VE table until it is tuned to your setup.

Well worth the experience and frankly the only way to correctly tune your engine.