vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Blown V6

Post by vlad01 »

well, what are you waiting for then lol. Gone on.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Enjoy

I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Haha! Fav for the 355 Torry was 6k side step, instantly flat change 2nd, pull third, roll off brake @ 130 on Speedo = two nasty black lines and plenty of smiles!

:driving:

Nice straight cut gears Vlad!
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I love straight cut gears! Shame on the fire siren of a rotory making it hard to hear the straight cut glory.

That box also has dog engagement and not syncros, make that nice clatter and clunking on cost/load transitions.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

We've been looking at these 2 beauties ☺
Screenshot_20180529-001449.png
Screenshot_20180529-001333.png
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

What do you plan to use that in?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Vb or the other matching black vb we have behind the 360 stroker 304 lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

One of the box's that was u/s had 300000+ kms & 15 years of abuse on the 1/8 & 1/4 mile.
Delcowizzid, he looked at using a later bell housing & adaptor for a Glide, but started getting info from others about the quality of the alignment, so steered away, plus $1000-1500 for a decent convertor, plus rebuild a glide etc. the cost was starting to get outer of hand.
Another option was to shorten a manual bell housing & fit a Muncie, which is how I would have went.
I only helped repair the box's at the track, so never got to inspect the box's properly, but all the box's used the same extension housing & shifter, so I'd say that the spigot on the shifter was well worn & allowed it to "over shift" 3rd gear either break the shift fork or the synchronizer sleeve.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---