Holden202T

Re: Blown V6

Post by Holden202T »

nice!
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Time for a bit of an update.
We went to the Test N Tune at Sydney Dragway last Saturday, & came back with some good results. 1st result was that the laptop connected to the ecu, & was able to log something with the car at full noise. At this stage I haven't looked real close at the log, but I can see that the AFR needs a bit of a fine tune, as it starts a fraction lean then gets richer through the rev range. I did richen it up overall at the track, but not the fuel curve. The car ran 12.04 @ 111mph, it has run slightly quicker but wasn't 60 footing like it should, we been playing with the front suspension so it doesn't lift as high.
Here's a log & bin from the 2nd pass.
dato2.xdl
(238.63 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
JM1 V111.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
As a side note when I altered the bin, it wouldn't save the changes to the laptop, but did alter the cal when it was uploaded to the NVRam.
Burn out= 1:39-1:44
Run =1:56-2:13
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

A couple of things from a quick look. It will be slightly better after leaning it out but injector duty cycle is well over 80% and you need to sort out the knock sensor. Spark advance seems pretty high under boost too?
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Thanks VL400, I've been trying to log something on this car for while, but have had issues connecting the laptop, now that it's been sorted we can make some adjustments.
We have 60lb injectors in it at the moment(maybe we should have fitted 80lb injectors).
By adjusting the "injector constant" does this affect the duty cycle?
Didn't realize that the knock sensor was disconnected till I seen the log, which was reconnected before the next run.
I probably should ask this somewhere else, but when this log is viewed on the home PC, the AFR shows up in the side bar in the "monitor" but no line appears. If you switch to the "dash" or "item lists" the "methanol wideband" reads ok. This all works ok on the laptop, any ideas whats happening?
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

This car hasn't changed or been used much in the last couple of years. So he's been chasing an exhaust leak sound, which he tracked down to this.
Blown Gasket.jpg
Whilst he was pulling it apart, he found this.
Valve lock 1.jpg
Valve lock 2.jpg
He had complained about it not wanting to rev sometimes, I think I know why, poor old valve springs are well & truly past there use by date.
One good rev from a dropped valve. :cash: I think he needs to change his maintenance program.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah that would do it!

hopefully with a bit of money spent in the right areas it should go much better!
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I think I've convinced him to spend money instead of using worn out stuff.
The plan is to ditch the SC14 puffer( it was worn out years ago), fit a decent cam, play with the ports a little, some new valve springs, some pistons with compression(not with a bucket in the top) & run naturally aspirated. He has a turbo but there's not much room under the bonnet & he doesn't want to cut panels to fit.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Nice little beast. Looks like something out of a cartoon taking off with all that camber on the front wheels.
I don't ever remember the Datto getting that much camber when you jacked it up.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Charlescrown wrote:Nice little beast. Looks like something out of a cartoon taking off with all that camber on the front wheels.
I don't ever remember the Datto getting that much camber when you jacked it up.
We put some spacers on top of the front struts to lift the front to try to level the car out, we have since fitted some straps to the front to limit the travel.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Thats interesting, I've never seen collets break before. Did the valve springs cause that?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.