My Delcoed Rides

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
firebug
cars: Pathfinder Ti 550, L67 Gemini

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by firebug »

Buggershit! However I do like the idea he has finally decided to go down the :turbo: route... :thumbup:
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
wozza
cars: VR commodore

Post by wozza »

Bummer looks bad...did you enlarge the ring gap? Ive seen that sort of damage before due to rings binding with large shots of nos....
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah the rings were gapped for NOS....
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

soooo ..... we have a funny story :)

looking for a motor to use as the basis for my FX turbo 202 build and pulled the head of this VK motor i've had in the shed, turns out its .040 already so i can't use it, but then realised that this thing has acl pistons, still has hone marks in the bore and other than being a bit dirty looks ok ..... took a few measurements and it was pretty quickly determined that with a few bits from the NOS motor we'd have a runner that we can put in the gemini to get it going for the time being, mainly for andra tech inspection (this month), but also to race afterwards he he he.

So the NOS motor has zero deck with flat tops and 36cc head that was 13.5:1 .... on this motor pistons have ~14cc dish and are ~.050 down the bore, works out ~10:1 perfect! (yes they are all rough approximations ;))

There was various banter as this went along, black and gold 202 (like the cheap food brand) fragile 202, but what we ended up on is POV202 :lol:

So we fitted the head, and .040 MLS head gasket from the NOS motor, and then dummied up a rocker on #1 to make sure theres no issues, and as it was being rotated, every time the cam went over the lobe it knocked, i thought it was a timing gear noise so pulled the timing cover off to find a bakelite cam wheel with the centre flogged out and it was rocking back and forward, so off came the NOS motors cam and crank gear and onto this one ... while we were at it we threw the ARP head studs, and ARP main studs into it and its got the other motors high volume oil pump.....

Its also got hardened pushords and 1.6 ratio roller rockers which go well with the stockish cam and hydraulic lifters. :wtf:
20170408_173418.jpg
20170409_160543.jpg
20170409_160543.jpg (492.8 KiB) Viewed 6548 times
So going with the black and gold theme we fitted all the NOS motors gold parts and then a few chrome bits for completeness!
20170409_173303.jpg
20170409_173317.jpg
So asside from all the other motors bits, we had to buy 1 x welsh plug, a sump gasket, and inlet/exhaust gasket, plus oil filter and oil, not including our time its been approx. $80 which is well within the requirements to label it POV202!!

I've also retarded the cam timing 6 degrees to give it as much top end as we can get, its mated to the trimatic the NOS motor had with a 4000rpm converter and 3.45 diff gears.

We had a few issues with a dodgy injector, that seems to be sorted and with a pretty fat fuel map it went for a run up the road, this run was 13psi and as you can see, with the cam thats in it, it has no issues making plenty of boost down low :punk:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YINS_Af5FwU[/youtube]
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Nice ! Ford hunter lol, 202's have been spanking fords finest since the HO's :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

lol yeah, thats a little extra i added in for a certain ford mate we sent the video to ;)

we are expecting this one to never fail cause its the cheapest shittest build ever :)
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

It always seems to be the way, the cheapo grenade built donks survive the longest/most abuse.
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

:thumbup: Sounds awesome, so 10.1 compression is obviously fine for the turbo and fitting MLS gasket to already used surfaces ok too? Wow I read too much.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

10:1 comp is fine with turbo and methanol ;) ... they we cleaned the head and block surfaces and cleaned the MLS then sprayed it with hoylmar .... the whole motor probably goes against all the rules for every aspect of engine assembly :P
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

sprayed it with hylomar? lol
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.