psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Re: Toyota Powered VL Calais

Post by psyolent »

man that is good considering. i expected a garden hose spray type :)
alot of the toyotas used denso injectors i know my 4AGEs i built were all denso. were a good unit.
should be a bolt up affair to the 1UZ ie: same connector etc.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The1 wrote:they are quite good with spray.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3377&start=190
Yeah these will be a huge improvement over the stock 251cc two hole EV1 injectors.
psyolent wrote:alot of the toyotas used denso injectors i know my 4AGEs i built were all denso. were a good unit.
should be a bolt up affair to the 1UZ ie: same connector etc.
The factory denso 1UZ injectors are drop in for a 4AGE, same style as the crusty green one posted earlier. These new injectors from the1 are a much later design and use the current Toyota plug design which is different to the early Toyotas.

There are plenty of drop in (or very close to) larger more modern injectors that can be used though - RX8 yellow injectors and blue or pink STI injectors are in the 450-550cc/min range and require pretty much nothing to fit in place of the EV1 injectors.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

sweet, boost time :) hopefully the box can take it :/
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Not much of an update but getting some fuel tuning sorted, once thats closer to the mark will start on the spark - its a super safe tune thats not even close to using E85 to its potential. AE is getting better each day, E85 really messes with it.

First little squirt the other week on only 3psi to check the box shifts ok - 40% throttle, just filled up with 80L of fuel, timing roughly 14deg, lambda fat as at 0.75 and auto shifting at well under 4k RPM still turns the tyres in to second for a lazy 6.5 sec to 100kph - uphill :lol: Should have some potential.

These new 850cc injectors from the1 are performing very nicely. Starts awesome hot and cold (not exactly winter here though), idles rock solid even on such low PWs.
Literally one revolution to start first thing in the morning and AFR gets close to target almost as quick as the wideband warms up ...
Cold Start.png
Idle target AFR kicks in and it tracks nicely, delay is the wideband fairly far downstream...
Idle Stability.png
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

What did E85 do to your AE? I never noticed much change on my car or Gs race car with otherwise unchanged from the previous 98 oct tune.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The1

Post by The1 »

at a guess those 12 holes would help the fuel on cold start. I didn't have any issues with AE either as above, it was mainly just the base injector rate change and timing.
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

VL you've almost got that thing at Euro5 spec with those AFRs that quick!
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

There is always improvements that can be made to AE, and being a rather different engine the close to factory holden V8 settings were never that great. Had only adjusted them enough to get it close. With E85 the cold AE was worse, a factory tuned stock engine might be fine and not notice it. Also compare the V6 and V8 cals to see how there are two very different AE methods. Lots of snappyness can be found playing with the manifold fuel items.
psyolent wrote:VL you've almost got that thing at Euro5 spec with those AFRs that quick!
haha, these injectors certainly help with that! I am not lighting off the cat like they do now.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I've found especially cold you need a lot more AE for E85 or methanol than petrol, the situation improves as engine temps come up....

certainly sounds like its going to be a real hand full after 3psi ;)

I assume 3psi is with the boost control DC zeroed out ?