Siemens Simtec help greatly appreciated

European GM ECUs and PCMs
Leinad78

Re: Siemens Simtec help greatly appreciated

Post by Leinad78 »

eurotech wrote:hi.

This base read with RPM 8160 .I tested in XDF.
You tested in xdf or in a car?

Sorry, i´m no Bosch expert, i can´t help you at your Tipo.
eurotech
cars: holden commodore 3.8

Post by eurotech »

hi.

so I wait for a help

thank you.
silentshout
cars: Holden Barina XC SRI 1.8L

Post by silentshout »

unfortunately eurotech i cant help out with the Fiat xdf as im bogged down with both work and making my own xdf.

If it helps i can tell you how im Making the xdf?

Im using winols to find the map data in the hex by looking at it in decimal form to help out, then entering the address i find in a program called TunerPro which is an amazing bit of software thats free which is even better :)

it wont tell you what everything is unfortunately, you will need to find either a damos or disassembly to help out with the throttle control.

Quick question to everyone else:

Have you ever had an issue where the x and y axis data was in a different place to the z data? ive finally located a whole bunch of axis data in both 8bit and 16bit but finding which maps reference them is becoming a bit of a chore as theres nothing that i can see before or after the maps to suggest where it gets its axis data from. im thinking there is some code before the map and then it may reference the code before that?

I tried using the method posted here with the MS41 ecu's and sadly it doesnt work :(

the quest continues.
eurotech
cars: holden commodore 3.8

Post by eurotech »

hi.

I will look better this DAMOS to WinOLS,
great suggestion,

thank you .
QuattroA8
cars: Astra G and A8

Post by QuattroA8 »

Hi everyone,

I try to mod a Z18XE bin file too, and I find it really hard to recognize maps. I answer Eurotech: there's no DAMOS for this ECU, nor Simtec70, Simtec90 (which is employed on same engine than Simtec71).

So, I will post some work as soon as I get something really concrete about this engine.

Keep it up, you're not alone...

Quattro
silentshout
cars: Holden Barina XC SRI 1.8L

Post by silentshout »

Hey all reviving an old thread, Ive managed to make contact with someone who has the exact same car however back in the day his car was flashed by a company called powertune.

Im organising to grab the file off his car to compare it side by side to mine to see exactly what they changed, this should give me some indication where the WOT maps for both fuel and ignition are. Hopefully then i will have enough pieces to start making a usable xdf file :)