antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Alloytec ecu tdm removal

Post by antus »

I think Holden202T is looking to run one from a speeduino instead. If he can get that going, and running the cams, that will be a good option. That is still a work in progress though.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Re: Alloytec ecu tdm removal

Post by Holden202T »

yeah as far as the stock ecu is concerned i have not heard of any way to remove the security from these ..... if it can be done people are keeping their cards close to their chest.

Antus is right i have run an alloytec from a speeduino ecu and it 100% runs .... but there is currently no variable cam control ... below is a alloytec from a VZ fitted with a VN throttle body, MAP and MAT sensors and is running in batch fire/wasted spark mode ... and you can see the blue speeduino PCB hanging in front of it, then that goes to an adaptor board i made to convert the speeduino plugs to the stock alloytec ECU connector to prove the theory that it will work, its also using the stock reluctor crank sensor ...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwWx7lisbzw[/youtube]

since this video i have found that the later engines use a hall effect crank sensor, so i have purchased one of them, and the plan is to use it (it fits in the same hole) as it will go into the speeduino more easily ...

and i have been working on a custom speeduino ecu to allow it to control the cams. The hardware is done and i am testing it on the bench at the moment, but actually running it on an engine is a while off yet ... it has a totally different connector for the ecu, so its a cut and re-crimp job and also requires fitting the motor with some earlier commodore parts.
alloytec speeduino.jpg
alloytec speeduino.jpg (93.28 KiB) Viewed 2837 times
having said all that, while this will run the engine no problems, there is zero code behind the cam adjustment at this point in time and i have no idea if its even something i can handle but the first step is to have the engine run on this, and then log the 4 cam sensors in relation to the crank, and from there hopefully get a cam sensor pattern in speeduino firmware that can allow 1. sequential support, and 2. the basis for the cam timing adjustment.

i guess the short answer is, you could run an alloytec off a speeduino today without the cam control .... its just not going to be as good as it would be with cam control :P