07-2013 GM BCM

Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:12 am

07-2013 GM BCM

Postby bertus76 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:52 am

Hello,

Has anyone looked at getting into the GM BCM's to adjust or activate options?

Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:32 pm

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Postby ironduke » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:40 am

I've been glancing at it but haven't gotten anywhere.. I've gotten a few logs of BCM programming and can see how it's done but don't have seed key algo's and don't have original bins to work with so I'm kinda dead ended..

My only want is to lengthen remote start runtime for my own vehicle.. If I knew what byte t o change I could mock up a programming event since I know my own seed and key and have the cal files.. too worried about bricking it unless Im sure though, lol..

User avatar
Posts: 2597
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: WA

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Postby Tazzi » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:32 am

ironduke wrote:I've been glancing at it but haven't gotten anywhere.. I've gotten a few logs of BCM programming and can see how it's done but don't have seed key algo's and don't have original bins to work with so I'm kinda dead ended..

My only want is to lengthen remote start runtime for my own vehicle.. If I knew what byte t o change I could mock up a programming event since I know my own seed and key and have the cal files.. too worried about bricking it unless Im sure though, lol..


Writing calibration sections is pretty safe. Even pulling the scantool mid write is easy to recover, done it a good 50+ times on my own setups here.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Site:www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image

Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:32 pm

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Postby ironduke » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:05 pm

Tazzi wrote:
ironduke wrote:I've been glancing at it but haven't gotten anywhere.. I've gotten a few logs of BCM programming and can see how it's done but don't have seed key algo's and don't have original bins to work with so I'm kinda dead ended..

My only want is to lengthen remote start runtime for my own vehicle.. If I knew what byte t o change I could mock up a programming event since I know my own seed and key and have the cal files.. too worried about bricking it unless Im sure though, lol..


Writing calibration sections is pretty safe. Even pulling the scantool mid write is easy to recover, done it a good 50+ times on my own setups here.


Good to know, I was kind of hoping it was like writing cals to some of the ecms I've been playing with.. they seem pretty bulletproof if you screw up a cal write, but in some cases I needed to write the OS AND cal to fix it, not all the time though..
I'll try to find some time to make some notes on the logs and get some of my own code written to at least write to mine.. I might even pick one up on ebay I can rip apart and get some chip info and maybe pull the flash with bdm or xprog, no idea if I can but I can always try, right? lol.. I've even tried digging around with the E38 flash as I think the 2 remote start limit is in the ECM and not the BCM, I've faked t he bcm message to the ECM but can still only get 2 remote starts out of it.. Being able to remote start 3 times would be neat, but the 10 minute runtime is a pita to me in when it's 2 degrees outside.. Funny how some of the newer vehicles have 15 minute timers..

User avatar
Posts: 2597
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: WA

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Postby Tazzi » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:37 pm

ironduke wrote:
Tazzi wrote:
ironduke wrote:I've been glancing at it but haven't gotten anywhere.. I've gotten a few logs of BCM programming and can see how it's done but don't have seed key algo's and don't have original bins to work with so I'm kinda dead ended..

My only want is to lengthen remote start runtime for my own vehicle.. If I knew what byte t o change I could mock up a programming event since I know my own seed and key and have the cal files.. too worried about bricking it unless Im sure though, lol..


Writing calibration sections is pretty safe. Even pulling the scantool mid write is easy to recover, done it a good 50+ times on my own setups here.


Good to know, I was kind of hoping it was like writing cals to some of the ecms I've been playing with.. they seem pretty bulletproof if you screw up a cal write, but in some cases I needed to write the OS AND cal to fix it, not all the time though..
I'll try to find some time to make some notes on the logs and get some of my own code written to at least write to mine.. I might even pick one up on ebay I can rip apart and get some chip info and maybe pull the flash with bdm or xprog, no idea if I can but I can always try, right? lol.. I've even tried digging around with the E38 flash as I think the 2 remote start limit is in the ECM and not the BCM, I've faked t he bcm message to the ECM but can still only get 2 remote starts out of it.. Being able to remote start 3 times would be neat, but the 10 minute runtime is a pita to me in when it's 2 degrees outside.. Funny how some of the newer vehicles have 15 minute timers..


In global A, its BCM and ECM. But from BCM you can increase to 25min and unlimited restarts.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Site:www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image

Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:12 am

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Postby bertus76 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:25 am

I have a few BCM's here, I can open one up and take a few pictures of the components if anyone is interested

Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:12 am

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Postby bertus76 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:46 pm

I have pulled the bins of 4 07-13 gm truck BCMs today, If anyone wants to have a look at them, there you go!!
test.bin
(2 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

test2 eclb.bin
(2 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

test3 rcsb.bin
(2 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

test4 van.bin
(2 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:32 pm

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Postby ironduke » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:30 pm

Hey there, I am not an expert, barely rated myself a novice but those sure don't look like BCM bins from a Silverado.. Did you read that off a chip?
Programming a BCM with gm sps passes a lot more data than any of your files.. Just the OS for an 07 silverado is over 440,000 bytes

Return to Other Tuning

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests