LS1 tuning/diagnosis

immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

LS1 tuning/diagnosis

Post by immortality »

Hi All,

Do we have any support for the later model type LS engines?

My mate has a VY SS that's cutting out on him when he gives it a decent boot full, when it cuts out the engine completely dies and needs to be restarted with the key. Holden have suggested that it's a fuel pump issue.

the problem was only happening occasionally but now it's becoming a regular occurrence and can now only really be driven grandpa style

Cheers
Jayme

Re: LS1 tuning/diagnosis

Post by Jayme »

not really mate, various members have talked about wanting to develop some tools, but the limitaion is obd2 vpw hardware that is capable of reading/writing a bin (elm 327 cant) being too expensive.

if you can get your hands on a bluetooth elm, you can use some free android or pc apps like torque to get trouble codes, clear them, and even log some pid's to the screen. also VN5000 made a tunerpro adx for elm.

ive not had a fuel pump issue on an ls1, but normally, if the fuel pump is dying, it will die with the foot down but can recover before it stalls if you lift your foot. I have a feelign it may be more complicated.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Yeah, i didn't think there was much.

I also didn't think that it would be the pump as I would expect it to cough/splutter as it leans out and dies rather then just dying outright.

Cheers
TTVN
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

Post by TTVN »

replace the main engine/ecu relay in the box in the engine bay