VR Caprice BCM Key Pin

BPJ
cars: Toyota Hilux

Re: VR Caprice BCM Key Pin

Post by BPJ »

VX,

It scrambles the BCM and you wont get any read from it when reading thoughthe OBD, I'm assuming that it will be fine if I pulled the BCM and read straight from it though. ( anyone in Adelaide have a VXS2 I can borrow for a day :) )

This is only for VXs2 though, all the others will read fine once the alard stops which I think is only VT and up?
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Well this topic may have helped with an issue I've been trying to fix for over a year now(don't think it's that long but sure feels like it)!

I pulled the eeprom off 3 BCM's that were VXS2 type & since doing this it's sent bizarre issues & unusable, anyway I tried the leaving powered up on bench idea for 2 hours + today & wouldn't reply correctly to sent commands but it was at least sending correct message's in the chatter so I plugged it into car & BINGO!

Now I will have to test & try the other 2, this 1st 1 still isn't replying correctly to the seed/key section for security info but hoping that may fix itself when I link it to PCM?
vn_luke

Post by vn_luke »

Hey guys - cheers for all the replies.

The tool is a locksmith tool - will have to double check the numbers etc.

The VR had an external TDM initially, then the TDM and BCM were combined in later models (i.e. mine). The wiring diagram I have (GM service manual diagram) only shows the wiring WITH TDM. Does anyone happen to have a diagram that shows the data pin on the ALDL connector and where it feeds into a combined BCM/TDM so I can double check my wiring?

Cheers,
Luke
vn_luke

Post by vn_luke »

Yay - combined a bunch of diagrams and worked out I stuffed up the data stream cable from the BCM to the ALDL port :)

After hooking it up was able to connect tool and program key no worries! - so apparently ECU not required for BCM/Locksmith tool comms.....
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thats great news VN_Luke,

sorry I couldn't help I didn't have any of the older wiring diagrams!

With the VX-VY BCM I thought I'd recovered it turns out it wasn't 1 of the 3 I lifted the eeprom's off so thats why it was still communicating o.k.

So back to the drawing board in getting them recovered!
BPJ
cars: Toyota Hilux

Post by BPJ »

vn_luke wrote:Yay - combined a bunch of diagrams and worked out I stuffed up the data stream cable from the BCM to the ALDL port :)

so apparently ECU not required for BCM/Locksmith tool comms.....

And what one is that :)

the ones I use/ have used only communicate with the BCM so not having a PCM or ECU should make a difference.