vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: BCM starting to do my head in...

Post by vlad01 »

but how does the blank key receive the code in the first place?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
BPJ
cars: Toyota Hilux

Post by BPJ »

2 ways to do it

1. through the car, have the uncoded key in the ignition turned on and code in with OBD tool like Tech2 ( there are a bunch of tools that do it)

2. The security code can be writen straight to the key, this way the remote wont work until the car is started. Again there are a bunch of tools that will do this. I don't think that any of the dealers where given this option.

A lot of these tools are not really publicly avaliable for obvious reasons.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

written by what means? plunging something into the remote or by radio? or removing the eprom in the remote?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
BPJ

Post by BPJ »

The key is inserted into a machine that makes contact with the metal contact on the key head, this and the key blade make a circuit so the key can be read/ written to.
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

BPJ wrote:The key is inserted into a machine that makes contact with the metal contact on the key head, this and the key blade make a circuit so the key can be read/ written to.

That's for vr onwards but vp have a separate key fob.
BPJ

Post by BPJ »

vs ss wrote:
BPJ wrote:The key is inserted into a machine that makes contact with the metal contact on the key head, this and the key blade make a circuit so the key can be read/ written to.

Woops,didn't realise it was VP, I was still thinking VR +
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

BPJ wrote:
vs ss wrote:

Woops,didn't realise it was VP, I was still thinking VR +

yeah thats what I was trying to understand, none of it made sense to me though, lol

so what happen in a VP? my understanding is have only 2 choices.

1. have a remote reprogrammed with your code taken from your existing remote. (remotes missing? go to No 2)

2. find a car with working remote/s, pull the anti theft and matching remotes.

correct me if I am wrong.
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Hi vlad I thinks your only options are as you said.
But if you want to go to a bit more trouble you can do what I did a couple of years ago to my vp calais and cut the harness ends off a vs hi series and grab the bcm and put that in.
I found it easier having the keyhead type and the keyreader fits straight to the barrel with a trim on the shroud and the speed sensitive steering and adj wipers etc worked as normal.
The only thing that was touble was waiting fo the two second delay in starting bcause there was no pcm communication but that didn't phase me two much as later on I put an ecotec and 4l60e in and all good.
I know it does not help you much but there is always that option.
The1

Post by The1 »

VN/VP had just normal key, then seperature keypad which is linked to BCM, there is a seperate tech1 cartridge for VN/VP BCM'S
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

other problem is VN/VP don't have a BCM, maybe the calais models did but all lower ones certainty don't.

Anyway I think my option of taking a existing matched pair is what will happen now, picking up my new VR on sat and the old VP work horse will retire in the next few months as I gear the VR up with my standard list of "must do" upgrades. So the VP will be up for pickings, 2! working remotes! and new shells for them ready right here.

On Sunday I get my T5 VN and scrap berlina VP as well, the VP I think has 1 remote so I can experiment on that for starters.

Anyone need to go to a VN-VP wrecker? you know where to go :lol: