BCM starting to do my head in...

benk
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Re: BCM starting to do my head in...

Post by benk »

Had no luck today with the new battery and resoldered the broken joints.
Have checked all the power and earth wires and all ok (didn't think they would be a issue due to everything else still working) and checked the wire from the key slip ring to the BCM and all good!!
Not sure what else to check now
I have a couple of extra key heads (1 off ebay and 1 fron a locksmith) but have been told by holden that they are no good and that once programed to a BCM they can't be reprogramed. Is this correct as they tried to program them to the original BCM and didn't work so they said the key heads are no good now? Is there any way to test them at all?
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

You can replace the eeprom on them & re-program! I have done this with 93C46 in place of the 92S46 eeprom!
BPJ
cars: Toyota Hilux

Post by BPJ »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:You can replace the eeprom on them & re-program! I have done this with 93C46 in place of the 92S46 eeprom!

Correct.

And yes, once a key is programmed and starts the car it is locked to the car.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

WOOPS, just missed the typo the original eeprom is actually 93S46! not 92S46!
benk

Post by benk »

These ones haven't actualy started the car, was told that they couldn't program them so they may still be ok
The1 wrote:lol, im in oakey, didn't know you were in Toowoomba. i have tech1a and vr gear, see how you go with the key.
Might have to catch up next time I'm off shift and see if you can comunicate with either of these BCM's with your Tech1a and might be able to shed light on the issue
BPJ
cars: Toyota Hilux

Post by BPJ »

how/ who coded them? If the dealer does them they code them through the car which locks them. If a locksmith did them and used a tool to write the security code to them they can still be used. Easy way to tell is that when they are coded to the car the central locking will be coded too. otherwise if you want to play around with them you can do what VX said and change the chip on them.
benk

Post by benk »

The dealer tried to code them but they told me that they couldn't comunicate with the BCM so not sure if they actualy got coded or not. Might look into getting a couple of chips and replace them.... Can't stuff them any further.... lol
benk

Post by benk »

Just another quick question

Is the reciever for the key pad remote in the BCM or is it a seperate unit mounted somewhere else?
The1

Post by The1 »

yes the arial is internal.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Sorry for hijacking this thread, on same topic is it possible to reprogram VP remotes say if you got 2nd hand remotes for a car that had them missing? is there a way to retrieve the code from the anti theft module?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.